Chapter 18: I Wanna Be Your Man

Chapter 18

               "I wanna be your man. I wanna be yo' man..." ~ I Wanna Be Your Man~ Zapp N Roger

   Rishad laid down on his bed, thinking about Natalie. He had just gotten home from Las Vegas with Suge and he was tired as hell. He kept wondering what was the next step? Did she like the letter? Is he still mad? He wanted to call her so bad but was scared of the possibility of rejection that he might encounter.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in." Rishad responded as he sighed and sat up in his bed.

Rishad's brother Took's entered Rishad's cluttered room. "Wassup Tooks?"

Tooks sighed as he made his way over to Rishad's bed, with a frown on his face. "Rishad mane.." Tooks put his head down, rubbing his hand over his head.

"Yo Took's what's going on?" Rishad asked as he pushed Took's shoulder.

"Ra, dont get mad aiight?" Took's looked up at Rishad, his eyes looking heavy as if he hasn't slept in days.

"Tooks calm the fuck down and tell me what's up."

"Rishad mane.." He paused. "Remember that girl I told you about?.."

"Yea...."

"Well she pregnant mane! AND SHE TRYNA PIN POINT THE BABY ON ME!"

Rishad began laughing his ass off as he stared at Tooks. Tooks face stayed as serious as can be.

"Rishad Im not playing mane. She pregnant. TIA PREGNANT!"

"You shoulda wrapped it up brah. You not even fifteen yet and you impregnating bitches."

"RISHAD I DID WRAP IT UP!"

"Well shit happens. What Tia tryna say to you now?"

"Talking bout 'Oh we gonna raise this baby together but my daddy gon' whoop your ass when he find out blah blah'. She trippin mane, acting like I wanna get my ass beat and then be somebody father." Tooks smacked his lips.

"Mommmmaaa gonnnnn killlllllll youuu." Rishad cooed.

"You better not say nun'" Tooks warned.

Rishad raised his eyebrow up, confused by Tooks bravery. "Nigga and If I do? Took's dont sleep brah, I'll done your ass like

Goku. Dragon Ball Z your ass nigga."

Tooks stayed silent as he was deep in his thoughts.

There was a knock at the door, but this time they didnt wait for Rishad's response. Valentine busted into the room, as she carried her textbook she used for her class. Valentine had actually stuck by her word and enrolled in school. She's studying to become a nurse.

"Rishad, Natalie on the phone." She said as her eyes were glued down into her textbook.

Rishad smiled and got up quick as he headed towards the phone. "Thanks mom."

"Hello?" Rishad asked as he laid against the kitchen wall with the phone right up on his cheek.

"Hi Rishad.." Natalie said in her little innocent voice.