Chapter 5: I Have Nothing!

Chapter 5 : I Have Nothing

                                                         " Dont walk away from me... " -Whitney Houston

"Ok class!" Mrs. Keller yelled as she began cleaning off the  dudty chalkboard with the chalk eraser. "Remember to finish todays assignment for Tomorrow or ther-" Before she could even continue, she was cut off by the loud red bell that stood over her head. As soon as everyone heard that, nobody cared what else Mrs.Keller had left to say, class was finito.

Natalie stood up quick as she quickly packed away her items in her denim bag. She was just about to head out the door when she heard name being called. "Ayo Nat-Nat." Rishad said as he scurried his way over to her.

Over the past few weeks Natalie and Rishad grew a tight bond. They had become less than bestfriends but closer than 'close friends'. Rishad opened up to Natalie about a lot of shit she never even guessed he wouldve  been going through.

For instance, Rishad's mother Valentine was a single mother of four. Rishad being the eldest she went to him for a lot of support and when I say support,  I mean money. Rishad being 17 going on 18 and being in the 12th grade already had its own weight, but also being an older figure to his three other siblings and also helping support his mother with bills was not easy. Not even to mention the area the kids were growing up, was not the best environment. He had a lot built In but when a business proposition came along, Rishad could just not resist.

Rishad met a wealthy guy around his age named Demar. Demar was filthy rich and had plenty of ideas of expanding it. One of the ideas that he actually went through on was Cocaine. He was drug lord and had no problem being one. He just needed the right people around him to build his empire, safely and privately. Loyalty was a must and that was something Demar really liked about Rishad, he kept it real, no matter what!

"Wassup Ra-Ra?"

"Nun mane' but ugh, I got sumn' I wanna ask you?" Rishad looked around but the class was empty. Only other person left in there was Mrs.Keller but she was too in sync to raise her head from grading her papers.

"Yea spit. You gotta hurry though, before the bell ring." Natalie said as she looked towards the door.

"Ugh, yeah." Rishad licked his lips. "So um, you know about the talent show coming up?"

Natalie nodded her head up and down. "Uh huh, what about it?"

Rishad licked his lips again, nervous. "Look I wanted to know If you wanted to help me out with sumn' ?"

"With what Rishad?"

Rishad looked up to see the round classroom clock as It was getting close to the second bell. "Look go to class, Ima meet you after school at your locker."

Natalie nodded, confused. What on earth could Rishad be talking about? Natalie thought.

Rishad couldn't even lie, he was nervous as hell asking her and It wasn't even like he was going to ask her out or something.

Before you knew it, third period was done and It was now lunch. Rishad made his way outside into the schools parking lot. Today was the day Rishad was going to be a man, he was going to call it quits.

Rishad had dreams, goals and ambitions. He didnt want to be one of those stereotyped 'black hoodlums' that came from the hood. He knew he was better than that and capable of more. Sure, his upbringing wasnt the greatest but he sure as he wasnt just going to let days go by and not do anything about it.