Chapter 11: Shook

Chapter 11

"Aint no such thing as half way crooks, they scared to death, they scared to look. They Shook " ~Mobb Deep

Natalie was sitting down on her cement doorsteps while she waited for Rishad. It had been a few weeks since their talent show performance and Rishad was loving the attention. He had been meeting with producers and has been talking to different people. Needless to say, he was getting more attention and was busier than ever. After a few days of not communicating with Natalie, he finally decided to meet up and they set up a date. An hour and a half later, the streetlights were now on and Rishad was no where to be found.

Sighing, Natalie stood up as she dusted off her Levi's and walked up her doorsteps. She opened her front door to hear the loud sounds of her grandma laughing as she watched rerun's 227.

Natalie frowned before heading upstairs.

She removed her outfit off, dropping it onto her carpeted floor and walked towards her bed in her undergarments.

She clapped her hands twice, shutting her lights off and cozzied herself in her queen sized bed.

Natalie was a little hurt but definitely not surprised. She expected this. Rishad was usually a man of his word but he's been too 'busy' with his career to think about the people who have been there when he wasnt shit.

****

The loud sounds of birds chirping woke Natalie up. She wiped her eyes before raising up from her bed. Slipping a Tshirt on she began making her way into the bathroom. Making sure to do all her hygiene stuff.

She took a quick shower and  decided to wear her red and white Nike Sport's jacket, blue washed denim jeans and her all white Nikes.

Making her way downstairs she could smell the sweet pancakes and bacon her grandma was cooking.

"Mo'nang baby.." She greeted.

Natalie smiled as she reached over and kissed her grandma's cheek. "Morning Grandma."

"How you sleep?"

Natalie rolled her eyes as she made her way over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing the frozen Minute Maid canned juice from the freezer.

Taking the top can off, Natalie put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds. As she unlocked it she took a deep sigh.

"Ah.. It was okay." She lied.

"Okay huh?"

"Yeah.."

Natalie dismissed the topic as she opened the cabinets, pulling out a clean jug and bringing towards the counter.

"Where's Ra at? What he aint got no time for grandma no more?"

Natalie grunted. "You not the only one grandma.."

Natalie turned the tap on and let the water flow into the big jug before letting the frozen Minute Maid slip into the jug, making the once clear water turn into a deep pink.

Grandma shook her head, she knew not to press the topic.

Soon after Natalie was finished with the juice, Grandma finished off with breakfast.

They ate with one another, laughing and giggling as they laughed and made jokes.

Natalie stood up, retrieving the empty plates both Grandma and herself ate from.

She walked back over to the counter and began washing them.

When she was done, she dried off her hands and walked towards the front door.

"Ima be back Grandma!" I hollered as she tied her shoes.

"Alright baby!"

Natalie stepped out to feel the hot blazing sun beam against her forehead. She immediately squinted her eyes before tucking her head down.

She began walking down the street and peace and quiet was far from what she heard.

"Da'Marcious! Why are you playing these games? I am soo sick of your shit!" A young woman yelled from outside Da'Marcious's front door.

The front door, swung open and sure enough Da'Marcious didnt answer it.

"Lil girl...If you dont move yo' lil slutty behind from my front door..." Ms.Mitchell, Da'Marcious's mother warned.

"I aint lil? Your son playing games he needa talk TUH ME, OKAY?!"

Natalie shook her head as she continued to walk down the street. She obviously did not know who Da'Marcious's mother was, because she doesnt play!

"EXCUSE ME? GIRL..." She disappeared from the front door quickly before she came back holding a metal bat. "What'chu say?"

The girl squared up quick. "Look ma'am I aint' tryna disrespect you but you needa check your son. He tell you he got a baby on the way?"

Ms.Mitchell's face dropped before she screamed out Da'Marcious's name. "Da'MARCCIOUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" Ms.Mitchell yelled as she ran back into the house.

The loud sounds of a bat hitting someone's behind rung loudly as Da'Marcious's screams exited from out his bedroom window. "MOMMAAAAA!"

Natalie entered the corner store as I made my way into the candy aisle.  She picked up two airheads and a bottle of Hawaiian Punch.

"Dolla-fifty.." The Indian cashier said.

Natalie nodded her head up and down as she pulled the change from out her pocket.

As she was about to place the change into his hand, someone beat her to it.

She looked up to see Demar smiling as he placed the change into his hand. "Thanks." Natalie said as she kept her head down.

He nodded. Natalie put the airhead's into her  pocket and carried the punch in her hand. She  was about to exit the store when she felt herself being slung back. Demar's hand was now on her wrist as his eyes looked into hers.

"Why you been acting like that?"

"Why are you holding onto my wrist like that?"

He tensed up as he looked into Natalie's eyes with his hard black ones, but that quickly changed as they went back to normal. "Sorry."

He let go as I backed up. Tension and silence sat inbetween them before the loud dinging ran out as someone entered the store.

Rishad was shocked to see Natalie, as Natalie and Demar was shocked to see Rishad.

Rishad's face turned cold as he looked Natalie up and down before walking past them.

"Fuck boy." Demar cursed.

Rishad turned around as he walked up to him. "Im bout tired of your shit.."

"Uh huh? Na' what you gon' do bout it fagget?" Demar spat as he hand went into his waistband.

"Fuck yo' ass up!" Rishad pushed him.

POW*POW*POW!

"RISHAD!" Natalie screamed.