Thirty Three || Tattoo

"Riley?"

"Hey, something came up with Hayes so he asked me to come pick you up."

"What do you mean, 'something came up'? Is he okay?" I asked, frowning a little.

"Oh, God yeah he's fine! He just had to go sort something, he'll be there though." Riley smiled, and I returned the expression. He was just so likeable. Everyone liked Riley.

"Okay, sure. It's not even nine yet, though." I chuckled.

"Hey, so what. He was only picking you up at ten 'cause that's when his mom would be asleep." He laughed. I rolled my eyes jokingly and nodded, before quickly jogging back to the living room to check up on my mother before I left. She looked so peaceful. Carefully, I shut the door and then headed out of the house, locking it behind me. She knew I was going to a party, I wasn't rebellious enough to go to one without asking.

Clicking my seatbelt on, I turned to Riley and asked, "Is Heids still coming?"

"Oh, yeah. I offered to pick her up but Aaron's dropping her off; she's not ready yet." He groaned playfully.

"Did you expect anything else?" I giggled, before reaching for the volume dial on the radio and turning it up.

"I wanna thrill you like Michael,
I wanna kiss you like Prince,
Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye, like Hathaway,
Write a song for you like this!"

Riley and I sung (yelled) the words to Classic by MKTO. It was cheesy but gave me such a good vibe, and it was always fun to know Riley knew all the words. Boy better not cross me or I'll tell all his pals he wants to get it on like Marvin Gaye. We got to Shawn's in about 10 minutes, and the party already looked in full swing. Jeez, the kid's house was huge. I hopped out the car excitedly and bounded into the house in search of some friends. I forgot that when I walked through the door, I'd be greeted by many eyes surprised by my new look, and more importantly the fact that I hadn't turned up looking like I was ready to take the red carpet, but instead like I was ready to go to a sick ass gig. I heard whispers, some positive, some judgemental as shit but I couldn't care less- I was happy. I just smiled and said hey to everyone as I tried to find the kitchen, hoping someone I actually knew would be there.

Bingo!

Logan and Kyle stood with solo cups in their hands, debating whether or not girls should be allowed to wear Thrasher hoodies. I grabbed an unopened beer bottle from the island and headed over to them.

"If girls that don't skate can't wear Thrasher, then that kid over there shouldn't be wearing Jordan's because he doesn't play basketball." I interrupted.

"Yeah, but everyone wears J's." Logan argued.

"Just like everyone could wear Thrasher if they wanted to; I'm just following your logic, man." I shrugged, and then chuckled as they both turned to actually look at me.

"You look rad, bro!" Kyle complimented me with a fist pump.

"Thanks." I grinned.

"Yeah, you do look awesome." Logan agreed, to which I responded by tapping my bottle against his cup as a cheers. Just then, Riley caught up with us.

"Yeah, you're welcome." He said to me sarcastically, referring to the car ride I'd forgotten to thank him for.

"Oh, I sincerely apologise. Here, have a beer on me." I smirked, grabbing another bottle from the island and handing it to him, with no idea who they actually belonged to. Finders keepers.

"Heidi will be here in ten, and Hayes should be here anytime soon-"

"Yo, whaddup my wiggas!" A familiar voice interrupted, and I instantly recognised it as Hayes' as he made his way through the house to us. As he came into the kitchen, he looked around for us, looking totally buzzed and ready to party. Then his eyes found mine and he kinda just froze on the spot. I watched him as he looked me up and down, taking in my little transformation, and I noticed the slight movement of his Adam's apple as he swallowed. The guys headed over to him, slapping his back and putting their arms over his shoulders, at which point he snapped out of his trance. He greeted them with high fives and fist bumps, before they made their way back over to where I was still stood.