9: scared

"I know I've said this a lot," She begins, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "But I love being here with you. Thank you, again."

I grin and try to hide my blush.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to run to the restroom really quick." Standing, Allissa smiles one last time before heading downstairs to the lobby, her shoes clicking upon the hard flooring, the train of her dress flowing behind her as if she is made of the wind around her. Finding myself in a trance, I shake my head, not wanting to be rude.

I turn to gaze at the stunning sight of blue water crashing upon jagged rocks on the seaside. The sun has almost fully set by now, just the tiniest bit of orange glow peeping over the horizon. Bright stars begin to pop up around the sky.

I fold my hands upon the table, feeling as light as a feather. The joy I am experiencing tonight is something I've never felt before. But I also feel angry.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the situation lately, as I usually do in my spare time, working out any kinks in my plans. I've noticed that the more I fall in love with her, the harder it's going to be to let her go. I'm angry at myself for doing this. I won't be able to kill her. Or let her die while pretending to be emotionless, as cold and callous as a statue.

Suddenly it's not the plan I'm concerned about. It's her.

I lose myself in my thoughts, not even thinking about how long Allissa has been gone. Until I hear shouts coming from downstairs.

Bolting up, I can feel protectiveness surge inside of me. If someone has hurt her-- I will obliterate them.

With careful steps I make my way downstairs, desperate to keep calm but dangerous demeanor. My heart pounds inside of me. I summon my small dagger into my palm, gripping it tightly.

With a quick glance around the room, I see that no one is around. Strange. Moments ago, the restaurant was packed.

Another scream erupts from across the main floor, down a small hallway by the entrance. Panic floods me. I walk into the hallway, which leads to the restroom. "Allissa?!" I call, desperate for a response that means she's ok.

No response.

I trudge into the room, slamming the door open. In the corner of the relatively small room looms a tall, sturdily-built man, cornering my Allissa. The man turns in an instant, eyes blazing. He sees my dagger and I can feel his fear. But he covers it up well. The man assesses the situation and takes hold of it.

"Get out of here, forget everything you saw, or I'll kill you." He pulls a handgun from behind his back, loading it and holding it casually. With a few confident steps, he approaches me and points it directly over my heart, pushing it at me for effect.

He's tall, but I'm taller. And a god.

I laugh. "You really think you can kill me?" My voice is laced with posion.

"Who do you think you are, big guy? I'm not scared of you." His tone is tinged with fear.

A small grin plays on my lips, and I flash him with an intense glare. "Let her go," I point at Allissa with my dagger. "Or feel my wrath."

The man smiles nonchalantly, chuckling a little, and backs up, crossing his arms. "How about you stop acting like your some kind of hero, and leave. This isn't your fight." I can see Allissa sitting in the corner, eyes wide with fear.

"Oh, but how this is my fight. I don't think you understand." This time, I approach the man, sticking the point of my dagger in his chest. Beads of sweat pop up on his forehead. "No, you don't understand at all." With a swift motion, I flick my wrist, shutting the door behind me, with no hands. "You don't understand what a dangerous game you're playing with me."

The man is silent.

"I'm going to give you one last chance to leave before I plunge this dagger right through that pathetic mortal heart of yours." I cause the fluorescent lights above us to flicker. I pop the bulbs over the mirror with sheer will.

"Hey man, I get you. I'll leave, just forget this ever happened and we can both be on our way," he glances back at Allissa with disgust. "And take the girl. She's not worth anything to me."

I smile and laugh again, putting as much heartlessness as I can into it.

"Alright. Go."

I release the dagge and he walks up and tries to slide by me, but I stop him, putting a hand over his chest.

"Hey--"

"You know what?"

I fall silent, pretending to think hard. The man is anxious to leave. "I change my mind."

"W-what?"

"You have been disrespectful to I, a god."

Every hope of getting out of here leaves the man's eyes. Satisfactory floods me. And with one swift move, I plunge the dagger into his back with all the force I can muster.

I cover his mouth to restrain his scream as he falls to the ground slowly. I rip the dagger out and leave him on the floor and look up to see Allissa's reaction.

-

Surprise!!! Early update! Enjoy you guys!