18: complication

Something is very, very wrong.

I walk hurriedly down the hallways, my footsteps thundering and filling the silence.

A million thoughts race through my mind, all of which are bad. I don't know what happened, but something did. The door was left open, papers in disarray— someone knows something they aren't supposed to know.

My pace quickens, and I'm already plotting how to eliminate whoever was in there. I can't have anyone know what I am planning.

Whoever it was must be killed.

As I turn a corner, I realize that I must've zoned out, because I run into someone. "I'm so sorry—"

She lifts her head to look at me, those brown eyes filled with emotions, but I can't tell which.

"Allissa."

She remains silent. Which is quite unsettling.

"What's wrong, my love?" I try to pretend nothing's wrong. My voice falters as I reach out to touch her arm and comfort her, but she pulls away. She looks away again. I try to read her thoughts, but they are clouded and raging, like a storm.

Allissa looks up to me one last time before turning away, and part of my heart breaks a little bit. I know why she looks so disheartened.

It couldn't have been her . . .

There's no way!

"Wait," I yell out. "Please."

She stops in her tracks. I wait for her to look back at me, but she doesn't.

The hall is silent for several long, horrible seconds.

"What happened?" A dumb question, but I need to know what she knows.

There is another long silence as she thinks. I can see her searching for what to say. She looks speechless.

Her emotionless expression melts away to one full of sadness. But it is void of disbelief. She hesitates to respond. "You— you monster."

Painful memories resurface at that word. Monster. I wince, but try to remain collected.

"Loki, I don't know what to say to you. I was a fool to think that you really . . ." Her voice falters, becoming overwhelmed by emotion. "That you really loved me."

Her words hurt as though I am being stabbed with each one.

She pauses again, rubbing her temples with her fingertips. "All this time . . . there was this fear and doubt, but I pushed it away. I thought I was being paranoid. I thought I was going crazy." Allissa takes a deep, shaky breath in.

Physical pain courses through me, but I remain silent.

"You told me you loved me . . . but clearly that was a lie!" Tears are streaming down her face now, her cheeks stained with black mascara streaks. "Not only have you taken me away from everything I've ever known— my friends, my family, my normal, real life— you've broken my heart for your own gain."

"You're exactly like what the stories say. A liar. A murderer. A monster."

I move forward and set my hands on her waist and try to pull her close to me. "Allissa—"

"Get your filthy hands off of me!" She grabs my hands and pushes them away from her in disgust.

This little mortal has broken my heart in two. I couldn't have even imagined that this would happen. But she took me by surprise and quickly became my world. She numbed my worst pains and filled me with a joy I didn't think I was worthy enough to experience.

Gods, I love her.

But it's too late now.

I never will be worthy of anything other than misery and pain. That is all I have ever known, and all I will know for the rest of my infinite days.

But anger courses through me, because she's right. I brought her here to lure the avengers, and finally have my revenge on them. But she's also wrong. I love her with my whole heart— she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I can't bear to be without her. But that wasn't part of the plan.

I have to make a choice.

I close my eyes for a moment. This is going to hurt so badly. But I am Loki, of Asgard. I only know pain.

I take a step closer to her and forcefully grab her wrist. I clench it in my hand, fuming inside. Allissa gasps and looks up at me, shocked and scared. Her eyes glisten with tears.

I have to make a choice.

I tighten my grip on her wrist. "You're right. I am a murderer, and you're just a foolish girl. You aren't special. You're just the pawn in my plan— oh so insignificant. Anyone could have played the part. I don't love you. I never have. Get those silly dreams out of your head and wake up."

I have made my choice. Things will never be the same.

"You never meant anything to me, you piece of shit." These lies . . . they hurt me as much as they hurt her, maybe even more. "Now get back to the dungeons before I kill you."

-

Omggggg

Omgggggggg!!!!!

Yall loki's gonna kill allissa :0

Or is he???

Also, how wild is it that Allissa's fears came true. This is crazy yall🤯🤯