10: hurt

Loki's shining dagger strikes through Evan, immediately drawing dark blood. He pulls the weapon out, it's blade dripping. His eyes are blazing green, hungering for death. I have never felt as scared as I do now in my whole life.

I am at a loss for words when Evan falls to the ground, what little life he had left already gone from his eyes. He lays in a pool of his own blood. He abused me, he tortured me, he made me feel worthless and so much more, but nobody deserves to die an end as horrible as that. I need to get out of here. I have witnessed too much.

Desperate for an escape, I recall something that I don't know is even possible, that I only know of from reading mythology books. Heimdall was Asgard's gatekeeper, the main guard. Thor and Odin usually called on him to transport them back to the castle.

"Heimdall, bring me back to-- to Asgard."

Loki flinches at the sound of my voice, finally looking up to see me. He is shocked at my expression and looks down at his hands, which are now caked in dry blood. "Allissa--"

I don't respond, or give him any satisfaction of any other look on my face besides fear. A bright, white light consumes me once again and I close my eyes, not knowing what I am going to do.

-

When I open my eyes again, I am standing back in my cell. I silently thank Heimdall and walk over to the corner of the room, sitting slowly back down onto the cold marble floor.

The little window is there, just as I left it. A pure black sky greets me when I peer outside.

Flashes of the situation that had just occurred only ten minutes ago rush back. It hits me in the chest; I put my head in my hands and cry quiet tears.

I don't know why I actually trusted him. He killed someone tonight, like it's no big deal, no second thoughts. The question is, what would stop him from killing me like that if I so much as stepped out of line? 

Those wondeful hands of his that I dream of feeling could snap my neck in an instant. That thought fills me with fear.

"Who was that, back at the restaurant?" A figure that I immediately regcognize as Loki, steps into the light of the room, features illuminated hauntingly by the little light in the room.

Not responding, I give him an intense glare, struggling to keep the emotion at bay.

"Allissa--"

"You- you killed someone."

Loki's expression is cold. "It was for your protection."

I'm about to say something that could be dangerous. Exposing him completely. But I need to know . . . "Why do you need to protect me?!" I shout.

"Because I love you, Allissa! I love you," he pauses. "And if anything had happened to you I don't think I'd ever be okay again." He sighs, turning away from me and running his hands through his sleek black hair.

It's easy to tell that confessing so much was hard for him. A pang of sympathy hits me, but I push the feeling away. I knew he must have some feelings for me, but honestly now that he's made them clear for me, I don't know how I feel.

Silence crystallizes, creating a wall between us. I'm not really sure what to say. I'm not 100% sure of my feelings yet.

"Loki," I start, "I know that I was attacked, and I know you wanted to protect me, but you killed someone. Without a second thought. He could've been arrested, tried, done time, and made better choices. He could have become someone better. But you took that away."

I can see him hesitate, then turn and walk through the cell wall, standing 10 feet away.

"In no way am I defending him for what he did. That was wrong. But everyone deserves a chance to make things better."

"Who was he?" Loki repeats.

I exhale and bite my lip, feeling my eyes water. "It- it doesn't matter."

He takes a few steps closer, watching me. "Who was he?" Loki says again, with dominance in his voice.

"His name was Evan Lawrence. Back in highschool and college, we dated. But he broke up with me right before I was brought here."

"Did he hurt you?" He's standing right in front of me now. His fingers find mine and they entwine together. Loki's hands are freezing cold, sending goosebumbs up my arms.

Tears threaten to spill. "Yeah, he um, he abused me if I didn't do what he said." I pause, struggling. "And not until later in our relationship did it get pretty serious. He's almost raped me before and I thought I was going to have to go through it again at the restaurant . . ."  I start to cry, thinking of the horrible memories.

Loki caresses my cheek and gently pulls me closer to him. I cry on his shoulder as he holds me, running one of his hands through my hair. "You're safe now," he murmurs.

"I'm sorry for what I did," I hear him say. "Seeing you in that much fear makes me crazy. I needed to hurt whoever hurt someone as wonderful as you."

-

Sorry for the short chapter :(  hope you enjoyed it tho!

Btw taken has passed 300 reads!! Thank you soo much guys this means a lot💕

But watch out guys. Next sunday's chapters is going to be interesting.

xoxo