16: rescued

I awake in a cold sweat, crying out into the dark. The dream melts away like a movie transition to reveal the bedroom I fell asleep in. I close my eyes again, trying to calm the shivers of fear that rack my body.

Before I can come completely to my senses, I feel myself being picked up into someone's arms. Soon after, I am pulled back into a deep, dreamless sleep.

-

My eyes flutter open and adjust to the warm, early morning light that shines through the window. The morning is still and silent.

I don't want to think about the dream— or nightmare, more like. What Loki said about his dreams is scary and if what happened in my dream ever came true . . . I don't know what I would do. Dismissing the thought quickly, I close my eyes again, trying to enjoy the calm of the early morning.

It isn't until a few moments later that I notice I am in someone else's bed. The room is also unfamiliar. Loki must have brought me to his room. It is bland and dismal, painted in a dark shade of gray. The only furniture is a bed and a small desk with books and notes scattered upon it. It's disconsolate and feels weighed down with painful memories.

I can feel an arm draped around me from behind, and I can only assume that it is Loki's. I grasp it, finding comfort in it's familiarity. His snoring stops and I can feel him shift in the bed. I quickly close my eyes, pretending to be asleep, trying not to smile.

Loki's soft hand brushes a strand of hair from my face and caresses my cheek. I hear him murmur, "How could I have gotten so lucky?"

I'm asking myself the same question.

I slowly open my eyes and look up into his. Even after so long, those beautiful green eyes make me weak.

"Good morning, my darling." Loki's voice is low and soft, and filled with love and vulnerability. I smile up at him. We are both silent, just enjoying each other's company. I love him so much.

"How do you do it?" He asks. The question catches me off guard.

"Do what?"

"Make me fall in love with you over and over again? I love you so much. I feel so powerful with you . . . like all the hurt and pain I've ever felt was just a bad dream. You heal me. I love you so, so much."

"I love you too." I feel so happy I could cry.

I sit up, and Loki pulls me into a deep, passionate kiss. All that is wrong in the world melts away as I taste his lips.

Loki pulls away. "I hope you are feeling better after last night." He says.

Memories of the dream flood back. And even the paranoia I felt from the day before. "I— yeah. I'm okay. Just a bad dream is all." I close my eyes and imagine the memories melting away. "I don't want to think about it right now."

Loki can see the pain in my eyes. "It's okay, darling. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." His expression is soft and understanding.

"I don't want to talk about anything bad. I just want to be with you. You make me happy." This time, I pull him in for a kiss. He happily obliges.

When we pause, he smiles hungrily. I bite my lip to hold back a moan as he plants long kisses along my neck. "Loki . . ."

"What's wrong darling?" Loki brushes the hair out of my eyes. "Am I moving too fast?"

"I'm ready."

-

The two words I've longed to hear. Of course I love her for more than just her body, but I cannot lie and say that it's been easy restraining myself from being intimate with her. I wanted to wait until for sure she was ready. I would never try to rush her.

I can't hold back the smirk on my face. "That's good. I've been dying to have you." I stand up, moving away from the bed. She sits up, still wrapped in the covers, a rosy blush blooming upon her cheeks. Allissa brushes a strand of hair out of her loving eyes. The eyes that say every word shes ever wanted to confess to me.

She throws the covers aside and gets out of bed. The gown she slept in is short and lacy, and I can't stop staring. I walk over to her and lightly grasp her hip, pushing her gently against the wall. She pulls me to her for a long, passionate kiss, that sends pulses of pleasure throughout my body. No matter how much of herself she gives me, it is never enough. With one hand pressed on the wall, I run my other hand along her hip, and then slide it farther and farther down, until I am grasping her butt. I hear the slightest moan escape her lips. It's so cute to see how much she gets off from just my touch. She needs me so badly.

"Loki . . ." She bites her lip. God, I love when she says my name. I can feel my arousal surging.

"What is it darling?" My words are followed by another long kiss that stops her from answering. I could have sworn she was full of innocence. But the way she kisses me contradicts that theory. She kisses me vehemently, in a way that drives me wild.

"I need . . ." She looks right into my eyes. "I need you."

I push myself away and smirk at her. She looks confused as I walk towards the door.

"Don't worry, darling," I shut the door tightly and turn the lock. "I'm right here." I laugh a little how she squirms for my touch.

"Loki, please," she walks up to me. "Don't make me wait any longer." She speaks to me quickly and breathlessly, inbetween kisses.

Dear god. The way she begs for me.

I gently push her onto the bed, and she looks at me with hungry eyes. Finally.