12: ambiguous

Before I can recover my wits, Loki is gone. Just out of reach, like sand slipping from my fingertips. That's probably a good thing, because I wouldn't know what to say anyways.

I'm still laying on the bed, completely breathless, jaw still hanging open. What just happened? I feel giddy and confused and thrilled and scared all at the same time.

Quickly I revisit what just happened-- I was reading, Loki came, gave me a room, and suddenly the mood changed and he kissed me. Loki, Prince of Asgard, Immortal God of Mischief, kissed me.

I feel a little smile hint on my lips.

I've been wanting this for so long-- I've been here for what, a year now? At first when I arrived here, I was scared and unstable and pretty much a wreck. Constantly in fear of what I didn't know-- especially Loki. His appearence seemed like that of a monster's: dark and brooding, always slinking around in the shadows. But I guess I've gotten to know him better. He makes me feel like I am worth something. And I know that to be true-- I have a power over him.

But as much as I loved the kiss and love the thought of being with Loki, it also scares me. Really, I still don't know if I should even trust him. I'm dealing with the worst criminal in history here. A man only known for his list of famous kills and a silver tongue so poisonous and cogent it could bring a whole civilization to it's knees. Once again, what's to stop him from adding my name to his victim pool? Loki might be luring me in with our delusional love for all I know, our 'relationship' being nothing more than a set up for a major plan for world domination or something.

I shake my head a little. Now I'm just going crazy. There's no way he would use me like that.

Right?

Still, I've been craving physical touch for so long, and that kiss felt so good.

Standing up, I make my way over to the closet across the room. I pull on the jewel doorknobs and unveil a relatively large inside closet, the rack already lined with dozens of flowing dresses in a rainbow of colors, from coffee black to rosy dawn.

I grab a simple sheath-style dress in a lovely wine-color, change out of my old clothes, and slip it on. It flows down my legs, sitting just above my ankles, where I strap on sandals. I let my hair fall onto my shoulders in waves.

The dress I was wearing before-- the tan one-- lays in a heap on the floor, the deep red blood splatters sticking out dramatically. Just the sight of it sends me into panic. Emotions flood back, especially fear, and it takes all of my willpower for me to bend down and pick it up without breaking apart. I inhale deeply, grasping the silk-like fabric between my fingers. The dress is shaking-- no, my hand is shaking badly-- as I turn it over, looking for the stains. I bite my lip, telling myself over and over to stay strong when one of my fingers slips, running along the dried blood. I stifle a shriek, covering my mouth with my hand and letting the dress fall to the floor, as tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

It wasn't until now that I have realized how real this is. What if this was my blood? Someone like me couldn't fight back against Loki's limitless power. I'd be gone in one swift motion, without hesitation, most likely. None of this would matter-- the kiss, the dinner, nothing. My whole body is shaking with fear and emotion.

I wipe away a tear and open the bedroom door, desperate for an escape from my mind. I head to the only other place I can go: the library.

It takes a few tries for me to find the way there. I hadn't realized until when Loki was not by my side how huge this castle is. And how stunning. Every single wall is lined in gold, and all the floors are coated in polished white marble. Tall windows line every hallway, flooding the halls in a warm, golden light.