Bertholdt x Reader - City

"It's so cold!" You shivered as you walked beside Bertl. The two of you were walking home from school together since you lived in the same direction.

"It is still wintertime, isn't it?" He turned and looked at you and chuckled. "Your cheeks are so red!"

"It's because the air is so dry and cold!" You covered your face.

"We're almost home, don't worry."

"I guess, but I don't want to go home yet.." you complained. "Then I'll just have to do my homework.."

"But it's cold out.. you could catch a cold if you're out too long, _______."

"I'll be fine.. Here, let's go have some fun today!" you grabbed his gloved hand and led him away from the direction of your houses.

"_______, it's a school night, I don't think we should be going out.."

"C'mon Bertl, you need to relax. We still have the whole day!" You dragged him away not knowing where you were going to end up.

The two of you stepped down from the bus and stared up into the city that towered over you. "Wow Bertl, these buildings make you look small..." you grazed your sight up a black building.

"Thanks, _______.."

"Ahh, I don't mean it in a bad way! How about we get something to eat?" you suggested as you tugged his sleeve.

"Sure, I'm pretty hungry.." he followed you as you began walking off. Your eyes wandered around in search of place to eat at.

"So, what do you wanna eat?" you turned to Bertl.

"Anything is fine. Since you brought me here, you choose."

"Fine, lets go get a burger or something!" you spotted a diner since their sign caught your attention.

After eating the two you wandered through the city. A hotel caught your interest, "Hey, let's go in there!" you pointed to it. "You're getting cold, huh Bertl?"

"Just a little.." he rubbed his arms.

The two of you entered feeling the warmth surround you. "Ahh, it feels nice.." you sighed.

You both sat down in the lobby, resting your feet for a while and warming up after being in the cold. "Let's stay here until we're warm."

"Alright." Bertl answered.

"Hey? Did you want to drink something? I think there's a café over there!"

"Sure, let's both go." he got up and you both walked over to get in line.

Sipping on your drinks warmed you both to the core. You both sat together until you finished your drinks and left to go back and wander through the city.

You two visited many places from the famous titan statue, some bakeries, food stands, a museum, you guys visited whatever you found in the city. Soon the sun began to set and Bertl became worried.

"_______, maybe we should get going soon." he nudged you on your shoulder.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty chilly too.." you brought your hands to your mouth and breathed into them.

You two walked through a park in search of the right bus stop. Suddenly, the lanterns lit up along with some lights decorated on the trees.

"Wow," you gasped. "It's beautiful!" You smiled as your eyes drifted all around, taking in all the lights that appeared.

"It is.." he looked around until his eyes fell on you. You felt his gaze and looked at him, blushing and hiding your face.

"Is there something on my face..?" you slowly looked up to him.

"No.." he grabbed your hands. "Well.. your beauty is on your face.." Now his face was reddening a little more than it was already.

"What!?" you laughed, calming down a little from Bertl's answer. "Don't say such cheesy things at a time like this!"

"I think this is the perfect time, _______.." his eyes were glued onto yours, not breaking contact.

Your heart raced as you felt the space between you guys grow smaller. You closed your eyes, feeling his breath right in front of you. Then you felt your jacket pocket buzz.

"Oh." you froze and Bertl could tell. "Sorry."

"It must be your parents.." Bertl sounded embarrassed.

"Yeah.." you clicked the answer button and put the phone to your ear. "Hello?"

"_______! Where are you!? You haven't come home all day!" You flinched at the volume of your mom's voice.

"Mom.. sorry, I've been.. I've been at the library.. with Bertl.." you looked at Bertl who looked a little nervous.

"_______.. next time you have to tell us okay? Well, come home soon alright?"

"Yeah mom, we'll be on our way! See you later then! Bye!" you hung up and sighed.

"Are they wondering where you are?" Bertl asked.

"Yeah, they don't seem too concerned. What about your parents?"

"I texted them already." He showed you his phone screen.

"What'd you say!?" you grabbed his wrist to take a look.

"Don't worry, I just said I'm out."

"Ok, good.. well, shall we get going then?"

"Yeah, it's time to go home." Bertl reached for your hand and you gladly accepted it. "Oh wait!" Bertl stopped in his tracks and quickly pulled you up to him. He cupped your face and bent down to kiss your lips.

"Bertl!" you brought your hand over your mouth after releasing your lips.

"Thanks for taking me out today, I had fun."

"I had fun too Bertl! Let's do this again."

"Of course, but now, let's get you home." He offered his arm and you gladly linked yours around his.

-- orz I've been thinking about this one all day and I didn't want to publish it since it's all over the place but idk here it is!