Jean x Reader - Survival (Part 1)

"So we basically have to survive one night in the forest?" you sat against the trunk of a tree and rested your head against it.

"Yeah, were you even listening?" Jean crossed his arm in annoyance.

"Sorry, I'm just so.. tired." you yawned. "It's gonna get pretty dark soon, isn't it?"

"Yeah.." Jean sighed. "of all people I'm paired with, it's you! I'd bet Mikasa would be 100 times better of a partner than you!"

"Why are you saying that for all of a sudden!?"

"You're not exactly as trustworthy.."

"Hmph, I should be saying the same. I'd rather be with Marco. At least he's more pleasant to look at."

"Whatever." Jean plopped down across from you and laid his body onto the grassy forest floor.

"What's our objective here?" you laid on your stomach and faced Jean.

"We just have to survive.." he said as he looked up at the trees.

"That's it?"

"Hmm.. there's more to it actually. There's a group of people out there. We have to get away from them."

"What do you mean?" you perked up.

"That's right.." Jean sat up quickly. "C'mon, we have to hide." he grabbed your hand and pulled you up, leading you into some bushes.

"Jean, what are you doing? You're scaring me a bit.."

"Shh, this is survival. Like predators and prey, there are hunters out for us trainees. And we just have to run from them by sunrise."

"I slept through all of these instructions, didn't I?"

"Yeah, idiot. But now you know so don't screw up."

"Don't worry I won't-" Jean pushed his hand over your mouth.

"Did you just hear that?!" He questioned. You nodded your head. You heard footsteps grow nearer to the two of you. It sounded like there were two or more people.

"Jean.." you said through his hand.

"Shh.." he pulled you close into him.

The footsteps grew louder and slower. Did they find you guys? You squeezed your eyes closed and held onto Jean's body.

"Did you hear them?" a voice filled the quietness.

"No, they're near.." Another one came in.

"Oh, I see someone!" A different voice screamed out.

"Was that.. Sasha?" you thought and saw the same look of confusion on Jean's face.

"Hey guys!" It was her again.

"Idiot! Keep quiet, you're giving away our whereabouts." It was Reiner's voice.

"There, lets move." The hunters began running towards Sasha and Reiner.

"Look, you just lured them in, let's get out of here!" Reiner yelled as he shot out his wires from his gear.

"Oh. My. Gosh." you couldn't hold back your laughter anymore. "I can't believe we got away because of Sasha!"

"_______!" Jean slapped his hand over your mouth again. "If you don't shut up, we'll end up just like them."

"Oh, right."

"C'mon, it's best if we move and find a hiding spot. Let's travel on foot, I think our maneuver gear might be too loud."

"But it's faster, isn't it?"

"No, we'll use it to escape from the hunters if we see them later tonight. Let's go." Jean grabbed your hand and lead you in the forest to find a safer place to hide.

You gulped as you thought about this training exercise. It was more intense than your other exercises but that just excited you more. "Let's make it through the whole night, Jean."

"Yeah, let's do this." He agreed and shot you a smile.

--okay so I had this idea where the trainees had survival exercises and i really wanted to write about it but i thought it wouldn't make sense with the actual story of snk but idc so here you go. It's kind of like the Hunger Games??? but it's less extreme. I actually really like this idea so I kinda want to do it with other characters too so we'll see if that happens.