LORDOSIS Chapter 7

"Don't be absurd," Kaylan replied.

"He is here and is demanding her back. He said we have tricked him..."

"TAHIRA!" my father yelled.

My hands covered my mouth to stifle a scream as the truth of Manu's words rang in my ear and tears fell with grief and fear.

"Don't be scared," Kaylan said as I backed away to escape my fathers voice.

"TAHIRA!" my father yelled closer.

"I will protect you," Kaylan promised but I knew the anger in my fathers voice and he could not protect me from him.

I shook my head at Kaylan I had to run. I turned and hurried across the garden.

"Find her!" I heard my father yell as I ran as fast as I could. I got only few feet further before my fathers men appeared out of the darkness and dragged me back.

"Take your hands off her," Kaylan said as I was flung at my fathers' feet.

"You run from me!" my father yelled grabbing hair and pulling my head back to spit in my face for my defiance before shoving me away in disgust. "The deal is off," my father said and grabbed my hair dragging me across the floor as I scrambled to keep up with him.

"She is my wife now take your hands off her or my men will defend her," Kaylan growled.

"Wife! She still has her virtue! What kind of husband does that make you?" my father replied with disgust. My face flushed as my father pulled back my head and I closed my eyes as he grabbed my face, "You shame me!" he yelled.

"Her virtue is not your concern. She is married to me and I will ask you one last time to take your hands off my wife," Kaylan replied.

"She is not your wife," my father replied and dragged me along by the hair with both his hands to hasten his exit.

"Guards!" Kaylan called.

The room filled with men. Far more than my father had. He was outnumbered and the way his hands loosened on my hair showed he knew it.

"Now Kaylan lets be civilised," Manu interjected.

Edward appeared in the room. "What is going on?" he said as he took in the scene. "Take your hands off her!" he ordered my father.

"She is coming back with me," my father said.

"That is never going to happen," Edward replied as his wife Hannah hurried to my feet trying to ease the hold my father had on my hair. I tried to push her away, shaking my head as a warning to not interfere but she clung on and held my hair below his hands to lessen his pull. "I suggest you stand aside and show your daughter the respect she deserves before her husband takes your head in payment for upsetting his wife."

"She is not his wife. She still has her virtue and the price has gone up... way up and not for you. I have a better offer and I am taking her to him tonight!" my father replied.

"She does not have her virtue," Hannah yelled.

My father scowled at the woman talking to him directly and correcting him.

"He has taken it, as was his right," Hannah replied. "Look," she said pointing at the blood on my dress where I was sat on the floor. "There is only one thing that makes blood that red and spreads its colour so wide. Her husband's seed."

My father flew into a rag. Edward ran forward dragging his pregnant wife out of the way as my father's hands left my hair and began to choke the life out of me.