LORDOSIS Chapter 26

The baby crying woke Kaylan several times and when it was not because she wanted to feed he took her cuddled her up with him and her brothers.

"She is a cuddler," Pow teased in the morning.

"So it seems," Kaylan replied.

"You had better bring your brother back soon so my wife and I can get some sleep," he said laughing.

"So much for resting with a crying baby who wants all the cuddles she missed on the journey getting her and two wiggling boys who sleep like sack of grain," Kaylan said as he kissed his niece adoringly. He was going to take as many good memories as he could back to his brother.

Gaer had been very tearful all morning as he wanted his father. Kaylan even to spoon feed him his breakfast as the boy refused to eat. Caolan had ran straight out to play with his new friends and finally Gaer joined him. When Gaer arrived back in the tent both Pow and Kaylan knew why the boy cried. Caolan was in wolf form and chasing things with the other little wolves. Gaer was not a wolf and wanted to be one, even if he was the smallest. He wanted to know what it was like to be a wolf.

"Lets play a game," Pow said sweeping the boy up into his arms. "When your tummy growls what do you do?" he asked.

Gaer shrugged, he was not in the mood for games.

"When your little sister cries and her belly is empty what do we do with her?" Pow asked not giving in to the boys reluctance.

"Feed her," Gaer said.

"What happens when we feed her?" he asked.

"She sleeps," he replied.

"Very good, and when she sleeps she grows," Pow whispered as though it was a secret. "When your tummy growls and you feed the wolf it makes you tired. With every day that passes the wolf inside you grows bigger and stronger until one day when you sleep it takes you the boy inside its belly so he can run around and eat to feed you and make you big and strong."

"It will," Gaer replied totally engrossed in every word that was spoken and pulled his clothes up to look at his belly.

"Show him Kaylan," he said.

Kaylan phased into a small wolf cub and felt silly when Pow picked him up and allowed Gaer to cuddle him.

"Bigger," Pow said and Kaylan stretched out the form to pup size making Gaer giggle.

"Bigger," Gaer said and he phased to full grown wolf. He then showed off by making himself a huge wolf and Gaer clapped with excitement.

"Shhh, don't tell anyone how big you are going to choose to be," Pow whispered and Gaer nodded.

"We had better feed you again," Lia said entering the room and carrying him off as she pretended to hear the wolf growling.

"He fears the transformation as he is scared he will be a bear," Pow said. "He will have to face that fear when he is older but for now it is his body I need to grow not his confidence. How small was he when he was born?"

"Very small, half the size of the other two. Ulf was bigger than his sister, Caolan about the same size of her but Gaer was not ready for birth and with a pack pregnancy he had been last to eat," Kaylan replied.

"He doesn't seem like an omega to me and the other don't treat him as such," Pow replied puzzled.

"Ulf did turn on him when he first changed and gave him quite a few bite marks. His mother wouldn't stand for it and dragged him before Layton by the scruff in wolf form. Layton had to transform and scold him as was boisterous and tested his father. He had to force him into submission but the child just needs other wolves to play fight and hunt with but Samala wants manners before wolf in her children," he said with a smile.

"As it should be," Lia replied as she came back in with Gaer. He was trying to eat a leg of meat on his own. His tiny teeth barely making a dent in it but he was determined.

Kaylan gave his niece one last kiss for his brother before passing her over to Lia for a feed. She had taken to feeding the babies at the same time so they would rest together longer. He gave Gaer a big hug and kiss and asked for one for daddy and was rewarded with a very strong hug. He was growing stronger already. Lia smiled at Kaylan. She had no doubt asked her mother to spell the meat. The child would no doubt be a giant by the time he returned with his father.

Caolan was no where to be seen and with the time perfect for him to leave Kaylan set off. He was just over the ridge when he heard the screaming and yelling. Caolan was running after him. He turned and hurried back to the boy who sobbed and clung on begging to go with him. He cuddled him and settled him down but every time he made a move to leave the boy screamed all over again.

Pow approached and tried to take the boy but he screamed and clung onto uncles leg. In his upset he start to shimmer and once he changed into the wolf Pow had no choice. He forced the pup to the ground as Alpha and sat over him as he watched Kaylan run off. He called the wind and removed the trail so the pup didn't follow. He forced him back to the village and watched as his wife ran to the pup and pulled him into her arms. He became the boy again and cried every night for the past few weeks until one night he stopped. Pow looked over expecting to see him at the side of their bed wanting to get in to cuddle but he wasn't. He was lying on his bed with his brother and the reason for their silence was obvious. Knelt beside their bed singing a lullaby was Tahira the ghost of his friends wife.