LORDOSIS Chapter 4

"Are you scared?" Kaylan asked after a short silence.

I nodded.

"Me too," he replied. I looked at him in shock and quickly looked away.

"What colour eyes do you have?" he asked quickly catching sight of them.

"Green," I whispered with regret.

"I would have expected brown," he said.

I shook my head feeling upset that he wanted his wife to have brown eyes.

"I like green," he said with a smile in his voice.

I looked at him quickly to see what his smile was like.

"Did I upset you?" he asked concerned at the tears in my eyes.

I didn't answer. Instead I quickly looked away closing my eyes.

"I really do like your eyes," he said. "What little I have seen of them as you always hang your head so they are just out of sight. I would prefer it if you held your head up high, with pride and let your eyes shine for all to admire. Will you do that for me?"

"My father forbids it," I replied.

"You are my wife now and I encourage it," Kaylan replied tilting my head up to meet his. My eyes remained closed in shame.

"My father said that eyes should be dark like the nights sky not bright like the sun," I explained.

"Your father is a fool for your eyes are like the diamonds that light the night sky and I hope our children inherit them," he said making me open my eyes to look up to see what colour he had and to see his face as he mentioned our children. His eyes were blue. Blue was my favourite colour eyes and I had seen them so rarely. I stared at him transfixed.

"Sorry sir, you are requested to join them in the other room," a servant announced snapping me out of a trance making me jump.

"Beautiful eyes," Kaylan whispered as he leant in and kissed my cheek. I blushed and smiled as he led me through to the other room.

My smile soon faded as we were met by a room full of strangers.

"Oh she is pretty... look at the length of her hair... dark and glorious.... Here eyes are amazing...look at her figure... her skins is like the colour of sand," one person commented loudly as they came over and started to inspect me. "Even her teeth are perfect!"

My moment of happiness was forgotten as I stood being touched and pawed over like I was back at my father's harem. No I was wrong. My father would not have let them touch me. No one touched me, even when I was punished it was with a stick or whip not a hand and when my virtue was checked it was with instruments not fingers.

"Stop touching," I heard the man who brought me say annoyed.

"But just look at her," one person said lifting my arm.

"Her hair is glorious," another said pulling a hand full of it out into a fan shape.

"The muscle tone..."

"Stop touching, you are upsetting her," the man replied. "Come on Tahira please be seated."

He sat me at a table and I tried to compose myself as the smell of food overwhelmed me.

"Did you get any others Edward?" a man asked as he took a seat.

"Three more as spares in case the union doesn't go well," Edward replied.

The other girls! They were here in case I failed as a wife. I felt sick... I couldn't help it. I pushed the chair out and ran from the room as I started to be sick along the way. I was ushered into a room where I was sick for the next few minutes.