LORDOSIS Chapter 8

I had woke in the night with a fright. I had no recollection what I was dreaming but my fear disappeared the moment Kaylan pulled me back into his arms and whispered to me that I was safe.

When I woke the following morning I was still lying against his chest and he was fast asleep. I studied his face and stole a kiss. His eyes opened and as he recognised me he smiled. My heart swelled at the sight of that smile as it was just for me.

"Good morning beautiful," he said as raised his head to kiss me again.

"Good morning husband," I replied.

"Kaylan," he said with a frown.

"Kaylan," I replied with a smile that just would not fade.

He chuckled and pulled me into a kiss as I laughed too. I had no idea what we were laughing about just that I was very happy and as he rolled over on top of me our love making began.

His hands gliding over my body making me moan softly and arch my back. My hands dared to explore his body too. After all he said he was mine and as I heard his reaction to my touch I felt empowered.

I pushed myself up against him to let him know I was ready. I could feel he was ready too. As he moved to slide inside me I winced with the stinging and knew I would bleed again.

"I'm sorry," he whispered breathless against my kiss.

As he moved gently inside me the stinging began to subside and I began to enjoy it again. As we got into a rhythm and I felt myself getting closure to that amazing feeling from yesterday he stopped and turned me over.

He raised my hips with his hands and took me from behind. My moment of disappointment was lost in the feeling of him inside me again and as I started to feel the sensation I wanted to grow stronger within me he cried out and we were finished.

As he lay on the bed exhausted and pulled me to lie against his chest I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I had done something wrong this time... I had felt it. As he lay there panting and catching his breath I tried to think about what I was doing wrong so I didn't do it next time.

"Are you ok?" he asked breathless.

I nodded against his chest as my mind continued to whirl over what I had done wrong.

A gentle knock came to the door.

"Come in," he replied.

A servant came in carrying a tray of food and placed it on the table without looking at us. He left but just as he about to close the door Manu arrived.

"We need you in the library when you are ready Kaylan," he said and rolled his eyes in disgust as he looked at me. "It is important so don't let yourself be distracted for much longer."

"What's the urgent matter?" Kaylan asked.

"Acquisitions," Manu replied and gave me another distasteful look.

"I will get dressed and join you in a moment," Kaylan replied.

Manu nodded his head in respect and left.

"I'm sorry but I have business to attend to. Will you be able to amuse yourself for a while? Take a walk on the grounds. Try and work out the maze," he teased.

I giggled and nodded. He pressed his lips firmly to mine before leaving the bed and getting ready to join Manu.

As the day progressed I ate breakfast, washed, dressed and made myself look my best for my husband. Having got over my fear of the sun following a conversation with Edward on the way here I bravely stepped a foot out in the garden and went for a walk in the garden. It was so much better in the sun. I avoided the maze as after last night I just couldn't face it at that moment in time. I heard the noise of people outside the big walls and looked for a way up it so I could see out to where they were. I kicked off my shoes after assessing the wall and spotting some good foot holds. I scaled the wall and looked out over the top. There was a city!