Sunlight

Sunlight [drabble] 

Niall traces his fingers across Liam’s bare chest, smiling. Dazed and hair disheveled. “Nah,” he says. “I give it one more month. I mean, Louis doesn’t even know Harry’s head over heels for him, and, plus, the possibility of that happening any time soon has got to be less than 30 percent.”

Liam laughs, the vibration of his chest rumbling through Niall’s skull. “Well that’s sad. It must be torture for Harry going through all those efforts and not even getting noticed.” He pauses briefly. “Remember us?”

Niall smiles wider. “Yeah.” He arcs his neck so he can look up at Liam, who steals a kiss that would’ve been chaste if Niall hadn’t draped himself over his torso, the sheets cutting back from their bodies and dangling over their entwined legs. Liam’s fingers card through Niall’s hair for a moment, and then flutter down his spine, relishing the softness of his skin. He lifts his head from the pillows so he can kiss deeper, plunging his tongue into the other’s mouth.

Niall groans. Palms Liam’s chest.

And then there’s a knock on the door.

They moves so fast, so out of habit, that Liam isn’t at all surprised when Niall thuds against the floor beside the bed so he’s hidden. He whispers a small apology and pulls on his bottoms, hastily. Opens the door and blocks as much of the room from sight as possible.

Zayn stands there, holding his fist mid-knock, and says, “’Morning, Sir Liam. Have you seen the Prince?”

Liam feigns confusion. Draws his brows together. “No, why?”

The other lad groans. “He’s disappeared again to who knows where. His father is going to kill me.”

Liam shurgs. “Sorry, but I haven’t. Why do you need him, anyway?”

“Barbara’s here.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.” He nods his head curtly. “She’s been asking for him for hours now and it’s irritating the King. He’s just barely holding on to his patience and had sent me to come and get Niall. Which brings me back to my death sentence. Where the hell is he?”

“I don’t know. But if I see him I’ll tell him right away.”

“Thanks. And, uhm, apologies, for the interruption.” Liam frowns, confused for a moment, but then Zayn points to his neck where a dark hickey blooms just below his jaw, and he flushes. Maybe he should’ve asked Niall to tone down the marks.

But thoughts like those don’t really come to you when you’re caught between the grasps of heat and want, just yearning to touch each other’s skin any way possible, so no one’s to blame. Technically.

“Uh, yeah, sorry,” Liam apologizes, shutting the door behind him. Frowning Niall rises from the side of the bed, sheets ensconsed around his body, and asks, “Who was that?”

“Zayn. He said Barbara’s here.”

What?” Annoyance flashes over his eyes, raising his voice a note higher. “What the hell is she doing here? Fvck.” He fumbles around for his clothes. Mutters profanities to the world.

He’s about to bend down and retrieve his white t-shirt, but when Liam slams their lips together, clutching him at the hip, every thought of getting dressed dissipates from both their minds. Niall’s hand wraps around Liam’s neck, kissing back, and the other skitters over his secret boyfriend’s chest, down his abs. Knots his legs around Liam’s waist.

They stumble to the bed, beneath the ravaged sheets. And everything is a blur of teeth scraping lips and fingers skimming skin. And they’re back to where they were not ten minutes ago.

When they pull away, Niall tucks his face into the crook of Liam’s neck, sighing and kissing the skin there, right above the darkening love bite. “If I could yell the world we’re together, I would have, Li.”

“Sssshhhh. It’s okay.” He places a small kiss on the top of Niall’s hair. “I love you, Prince.”

“Stop calling me that,” Niall groans.

Liam laughs. “Okay. Sheesh, you’re so demanding.” His voice softens the last minute. “But I love you.”

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too, whatever.” Niall rolls his eyes, smirking.

Liam flips them over so he’s on top of him, pinning his wrists above his head. “What did you say?”

Niall fakes a scoff. “Come off it. You know I only wanted sex from you.”

“It’s fine. You know I only wanted you’re money. So it’s a good deal, then. You want my amazing abilities in bed, and I want you’re  gold. Fantastic.”

Niall laughs. “Just fvcking kiss me, arsehole.”

So Liam does, one hand skimming over Niall’s jaw, their skin touching nowhere and everywhere. “You should really go now,” he whispers between the little gap where they pull away but not entirely so. Their lips brush still. Breaths tingling.

“Nah,” Niall whispers back. Smiles dazedly. “I want to stay here just for a few more moments.”