Stars Are Holding You (Tonight)

Stars Are Holding You (Tonight)  (  d r a b e )

The sky is beautiful. Stars twinkle against its darkness, and the crescent moon shines in silver. Its pale moonlight cascades down on the meadow, outlining the soft grass on which both boys lay.

Liam looks at Niall, his cheeks brushing the grass, only to find the latter staring at him as well. They exchange soft smiles. "It's so beautiful, isn't it?" the British asks quietly, not wanting to disturb the peace. 

Niall doesn't say anything, but only nods as he continues to smile at Liam. Said boy gives him one last smile, before looking at the stars again. A shooting star pierces against the sky, and his gentle smile falters, tears itching the back of his eyes.

"I wish you were here."

Liam looks to his side again, but this time his eyes don't meet those beautiful blue eyes that he once always woke up to every morning. He doesn't meet the soft, loving smile from pink thin lips that had once fitted his perfectly.

All there is is the space which Niall had once occupied. Where Niall should be lying on right now, grinning like an idiot.

Liam loved that idiot. He still does. Forever and always.

He knows, though, that the cold spaces between his fingers won't be warmed anymore by the fingers of  that beautiful Irish boy who had been with him through thick and thin. His arms would never hold his frail frame. His ears would never again be filled with his laughter.

Nothing feels right anymore. Everything seems . . . out of place. Niall isn't here, he never will be.

Niall's gone.

Even though tears blur his eyes, Liam still catches another shooting star that jabs against the sky.

"I wish I could share this moment with you."

And he knows no matter how hard he wishes, Niall would never come back to him.