Frozen Rain Drops

Frozen Rain Drops ( o n e - s h o t )

Summary: Niall, broken, alone and scared, meets a stranger in the club. 

Niall sits on the uncomfortable hard stool at the end of the bar, his bright blue eyes scanning the insanely compacted club. The tingling inside his head won't stop. It's as if he isn't alone, as if someone is calling his name from afar. He knows this is completely stupid though, considering the fact that he's in a room filled with random drunk people who knows none about him; he's just moved here. Still, the creepy, erratic feeling keeps nagging at him.

People dance to the blaring music that rattles the floor, the strobe lights piercing through the atmosphere thick with the stinging scent of alcohol and smoke.

Niall sighs, giving up his pointless search. He's just going insane. Or maybe he's just tired of searching. Searching for a permanent home, for someone who will accept him for who he is.

In his 19 years of miserable existence, he had tried to find somebody who won't abandon him, leave him in the dark with nothing but the curse he has been given. That kind of somebody is either really really really rare or they don't exist at all because his search has gained him nothing. Nothing but a handful of horrifying memories.

Niall could still remember very clearly how the people whom he had poured his heart to called him a freak. A demon. A scum of the earth.

There came a time when se finally believed them, after years of painful stubborness, and he spaced himself from being too close to anyone who he knows will just add to his suffering. That anyone being everyone. And now he's all alone with no one whom he could share his burden with, his experiences with. He is meant to carry all the pain by himself for the rest of his life.

Niall hasn't noticed that tears are travelling down his rose-tainted cheeks, or that a stranger sat beside him, until he was handed a handkerchief. He looked up, surprised. The stranger only smiled in response, and Niall felt his heart skip. His heart was just stupid that way.

The guy looked just as young as he was with caramel brown hair and gorgeous, deep brown eyes. Niall stared at the stranger's eyes, and something in him ignited. It's as if, somehow, they were connected. Like they had long been friends in another life time. He didn't really look familiar, feature-wise, but still the feeling that they were somehow connected flared inside of Niall.

"Here, take it," said the guy with a fond smile, still holding the handkerchief. Niall quickly broke his gaze and felt his cheeks heat up, reluctantly taking the fabric. He softly wiped it across his cheeks. "Liam, by the way."

He was looking intently at him, and a growing feeling nipped at Niall's insides. It scared him, but he didn't pull away from Liam's gaze. He didn't want to.

"I'm Niall."

Liam grinned.

"You look new here."

"Yeah."

Niall still felt apprehensive, cautious, but there was something in Liam that made him comfortable and relaxed. And then he realized that he had just given him his real name. He never does that. Panic began to swell in his chest. If Liam finds out about everything, he is sure the police would use his name to find him and then they would pull experiments on him. Or maybe even kill him.

Liam flashed Niall a brilliant genuine smile, and somehow he felt at ease, something he hadn't experienced for a long time. He didn't really like it, but he didn't exactly hate it either. He pulled a small smile.