Mellow

Mellow ( d r a b b l e ) 

Liam skirts his hand across Niall's side, his fingers dipping on the curves from where his ribs jut out. Niall shudders at his touch. Pushes himself further into Liam's chest. He could feel it, faintly, the steady rhythm of his lover's heartbeat against his back, the warmth from their bare bodies floating around them. Liam's arm settles around the younger lad's slim waist. A secure grip, as if if it weren't tight enough tight enough then Niall would slip past his fingers, dragging this mellow dream away. He places his lips on the back of Niall's neck, and it lingers there, the nerves beneath Niall's skin skittering like microscopic bombs. He closes his eyes and tries to carve this moment in his mind; the feel of Liam's lips on his skin, the flurry of sparks pulsating in every joint of his body. It never gest old. 

Niall tilts his head. Their lips catch, Liam's stubble scraping ticklishly over his jaw, his eyes sliding close. They shift their bodies in the tangle of sheets so Liam's laying on top of Niall. The bed dips with their movement, springs creaking lightly, and Liam places his hands on either side of Niall's head. 

Niall knots his fingers around the older lad's neck, smiling when they pull away. "I love you," he whispers, his words bouncing over the splattering of rain against the window. 

Liam smiles. "I love you, too." He dips his head so they can share a deep kiss. 

Their hands wander over each other's bodies, fingers running along their skin in a trail of goosebumps and sweet lust. The rain blows stronger against the window pane, but neither of the boys could care less as the night drags on.