Chapter Fifteen

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Zombies***

[Angelina]

I laid in bed reluctant to get up for school. It has been weeks since my birthday and the incident burned in the back of my mind. My heart continued to ache bringing tears to my eyes for the third time this morning. I've cried this whole week, this heart break worse than the last time. I shut my eyes tightly while clutching at my chest.

"Lina?" I heard Hannah whisper with concern in her voice. She has been staying with me ever since that day she was afraid that I would have a melt down and do something stupid...well she wasn't wrong.

I shook my head to push those memories away-too painful to remember and add to my suffering. I felt guilty for there are other people suffering worse than I am, but the feeling of losing someone and feeling like you heart broke into many pieces clouds my sympathy for others.

"We don't have to go to school. It's Friday anyways and the teachers think you're a walking zombie so they don't push," she explained attempting to cheer me up. "So...I say we go to the family room and watch Netflix all day and pig out!" She squeaked, clapping her hands. I sighed and got up, heading toy bathroom.

"What are we watching?" I asked, we were cuddled in the deep cushioned lounge chairs with blankets and fluffy pillows and tons of food. You'd think we were starving...but we're not. These are comfort food.

"We are going to watch this new show Reign," she beamed. I arched my eyebrow in question, stifling a laugh. "You're so weird," I chuckled returning my attention back to the screen. "But you love me," she argued with a laugh, throwing a piece of popcorn at me.

I took the popcorn that landed on me and popped it into my mouth. "Nope!" I joked laughing alongside with my best friend. For a moment I forgot about my heart break until his face popped back into my head. The look of hurt and betrayal burned in my mind.

I felt my chest ache making it hard to breathe. "Oh Lina," Hannah rushed to my side wrapping her arms around me and running my back. I cried on her shoulders until I calmed myself down.

"Thank you Hans," I hiccuped. She waved it off and kissed me on the head. "You're my best friend, we've been through hell and I still feel awful about the time you needed me most," her voice broke and cleared her throat. "That's in the past and I am here now," she smiled at me and pulled me in a hug again. I hugged her back and we started the music and pig out on snacks.

I woke up realizing we have fallen asleep. The movie menu continued to play over and over again. I shut the projector off and grabbed my phone.

I had missed calls from my parents, Peter and Molly. I tossed my phone aside and headed to the kitchen to make some hot coco.

[Jacob]

"Get the hell up Jake," Peter demanded, ripping the comforter off of me. I shivered as the cool air hit my naked torso. I flipped him off and grabbed the blanket and buried myself under. "You smell and look like death," he said irritatedly.

"Leave me alone," I mumbled not feeling up to dealing with anyone. My mother had even surprised me by leaving a pack of beer in my room. I didn't drink any of it, what's the point? It wouldn't change anything but still I appreciated the effort on her part.

Peter sighed heavily and ripped the comforter completely off of me. "What the he-," before I could protest, he yanked me out of he bed and dragged me into the bathroom and turned the shower head on. Then threw me in there while I stand, getting drenched.
"This is ridiculous," I complained. I turned the shower off and tried to get out but Peter was holding the door on the other side.