Chapter Fourteen

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Betrayals***

***Not edited****

[Angelina]

Days had gone by ever since fall break and I have not seen or talked to Jacob. Fear began to sink into the pit of my stomach. I walked among the students and didn't see the person I bumped into. "I'm sorry," I apologized trying to get around him. "It's alright," he turned around only to stare back at me.

I had bumped into Jacob whom was definitely avoiding me, but I don't know why. I looked at him once again before walking around him. "Wait," Jacob called holding onto my arm. I stopped walking but yanked my arm out of his grip and kept on walking. If he is going to avoid me without telling me the reason, then I will not waste another moment thinking about him.

The whole day seem like a blur, not remembering what my teachers had talked about. "Angelina, are you even listening to me?" Hannah asked irritatedly. I blinked in confusion. I didn't even know she was talking to me. I suddenly felt guilty for ignoring her like that. I am acting like a bad friend right now.

"I'm sorry. Just have been distracted lately," I muttered exhaustedly. Hannah furrowed her eyebrows together in concern. "What's the matter?" She asked. I shook my head and entered the bathroom to wash my face. "You're going to tell me what's bothering you and you don't have a choice," she demanded. I chuckled and hugged my best friend. "Just thank you for being there," I let go of her and smiled.

~*~

After my last class I made a quick detour to the bathroom, quickly regretting the sweet tea I drank. I heard footsteps and my cousin, Molly's voice. I stayed in the stall quietly and lifted my legs up. I felt guilty for the fact Jacob and I almost hooked up during fall break. Well...I think we did. But still, I felt guilty.

"Omg! I had the best vacation ever and spent it with an amazing guy," Molly told the girls as they cooed and asked her who the guy was. "Promise me you guys won't tell..." she asked but all I heard was silence which means they nodded. "Okay. It was Greg!" She exclaimed excitedly.

The girls squealed loudly in excitement. I gasped and dropped my cell phone on the floor. Gaining their attention. "Who's there?" Molly demanded. I sighed and exit the stall, keeping a straight face while facing my conniving cousin. "Angelina," she warned. She dismissed the girls and looked back at me.

"You will not tell anyone about this," she stated matter of fact. I gasped and began to speak but she had cut me off. "Don't think I haven't noticed you pining over my boyfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to make a move on him during break. So I will forget about that and you don't tell anyone what you've heard. Got it?" She asked, more like demanded.

"He has he right to know! You can't hide the fact you've slept with one of his best friend while you're dating him!" I cried, guilt disappearing from what I had felt earlier. Yes, she sounds like a hypocrite but she had felt guilty the whole time and haven't done it since. She guessed what happened but she has the gall to brag about her affair with Greg.

"Oh please. Save it cuz, you're such a hypocritical bitch," she sneered taking a step towards me. I flinched from the hurtful words she used on me. I stood my ground and stared her in the eyes.

"I will not say anything because you are going to tell him. Or one of your sidekicks will spill it and I will not be there to clean up any of your mess. We're even now, because I have to carry this guilt and this...this betrayal from a friend," I poked my finger at her chest and walked away. Leaving her speechless.