Chapter Thirteen

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Green Eyed Monster***

[Jacob]

Fall break was coming to an end and soon we were all going to be back in school...with everyone. "Hey man, what are you thinking?" Peter asked beside me. We watched the ladies soak up some sun on their tubes out on the lake while we stayed in the boat and sip on our drinks. No it wasn't alcoholic, just our sodas.

"I don't know if I can go back to being just friends Peter," I whispered honestly my gaze never looking away from Angelina. Hannah and Angelina hooked their arms together and started giggling. I hear Peter sigh and shuffles in his seat. I turned my head to look at him and what he thought of all of this. He stared back at me deeply before speaking.

"What's stopping you?" he asked nonchalantly. I stared at him dumbfounded at his honesty. I scrunched my eyebrows together in deep thoughts. "I'm with Holly," I replied, cringing at the thought. I don't know what in the world was going through my mind when I started dating her. Oh yeah, I was a douce, rather still am since I am with her while I'm pining for another.

"Dude, I don't even know if y'all are really together. She just hangs around like a pesky mosquito honestly," Peter said in disgust. I chuckled and nodded.

"Well, if you really want the girl then let her know before it's too late," I nodded, heeding to his advice. "You're right. I will, once I get every thing settled back at home," I told him my gaze falling back to the girl whose slowly stealing my heart.

~•~

Today was the day we pack up and head back home. I laid in bed watching the sun rise with Angelina in my arms sound asleep. She shuffles in her sleep and wraps her arm tighter around my waist. "Jake you're so tense. What's the matter?" she asked, sitting up and looking at me. I scoot up and sat against the headboard.

"Nothin, just kind of sad that we're going home," I lied, chuckling to make it more convincing. She stared at me blankly so I don't know if she was buying it. "Me too," she sighed cuddling closer against me. I chuckled rubbing her arm.

"Hey you two! Are y'all awake?" Hannah asked her hands shielding her eyes. Angelina rolled her eyes and sat up leaning against the headboard as well. "Oh good you guys are dressed," she grinned then sauntered towards us, flopping onto the bed. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Peter want us packed and ready to go by lunch time. He's wanting to take us out to eat before we get on the road," she chirped, patting the bed then skipping out of the door. "She's too happy in the mornings," I stated. Angelina giggled beside me and nodded. I pulled her towards me and started tickling her.

~•~

I packed the last of my belongings and shut my suitcase. I went out of the door and stopped in Angelina's room. "Are you finished?" I asked. She smiled at me and nodded. I helped carry her suitcase off of the bed and rolled both of ours out to the car. "Thanks Jake," she chirped, resting her hand on my back. I smile at her then shut the trunk. "Ready to eat?" I asked making our way to the back seats. I usually hated being in the backseat but I haven't really minded since we've been on this trip.

I can honestly say, this week has been the most wonderful week I've ever had. "Hey bruh, are you listening to me?" Peter asked, observing through the rearview mirror. I nodded and asked, "what?" Hannah and Angelina laughed both shaking their heads.

"He asked where you want to eat," Angelina told me with a smile. I couldn't help but to smile back. Suddenly, Molly's face popped into my head. I really need to end things with her-and soon.

"Applebee's," I grinned, but still felt like shit on the inside. Angelina eyed me carefully but smiled. I knew she must have caught on. Or she may be feeling the same thing. Although, she and Greg weren't really official. They might have gone on a date once or hung out; which irritated the hell out of me. I balled my fist at the thought, then looked over when I felt a small and soft hand over mine.

Angelina looked at me with concern as she held my fist. She rubbed my hand until I loosened up my fist then she laced her fingers with mine. A smiled formed on my face squeezing her hand slightly. She returned a smile as well.

I felt guilty for stringing her along. I know what I must do...

~•~

We made it back to town but the ladies were still fast asleep. It was late in the evening and we still had a few more days until school starts back again. "Hey, do you want to take Angelina to the guest bedroom and I'll take Hannah there too?" Peter asked. I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt to carry Angelina inside the house. "Jake?" Angelina stares at me sleepily making my heart beat. "Yeah?" I whispered, continuing upstairs into the bedroom. "Why are you carrying me?" I looked down and blushed while putting her down. "You were asleep so I thought of just putting you into the guest room, since it's pretty late. I didn't want you girls travelling this late, especially when you are tired," I babbled, my cheeks burning in embarrassment. 

She simply chuckled and nodded then walking up the stairs. "Well, thank you. Is it this room?" she pointed to the first door on the left and I nodded. She smiles at me and walked into the room. I sighed and walked back downstairs to gather our bags.

"Hey man are you okay?" Peter asked. I nursed a glass of whiskey while watching the fireplace burn. "Yeah, I don't know what to do," I answered honestly. He looks at me and gave me an encouraging smile. "Just remember man, don't lead her on and don't disrespect her family either," he advised before gathering the rest of the bags into the rooms. I opened my mouth to speak but there wasn't anything say...

**********Update! I'm REALLY sorry for this chapter!! I promise I will focus and not write crappy chapters!***********