Chapter Ten

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***CHAPTER TEN: All About that Boat***

[Angelina]

As school ended everyone couldn't stop talking about the different plans that everyone had for Fall Break. As for I-I was a nervous wreck. This week we are going to a week long camping trip. Yay! Can't you tell how excited I am?

Oh well, I've already agreed to this and I can't back out now. "Lina! Are you excited for this week?" Hannah ran up next to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. "Yeah...ecstatic," I told her sarcastically. Hannah rolled her eyes and nudged me on the side. "Do you want to back out? I'm sure the guys would understand," Hannah looked at me with concern. I knew she really wanted to go and I couldn't take that away from her.

"No I want to go. I'm just nervous-especially around Jacob," I confessed. The fact that he would be there all week had my stomach in knots. "I promise I won't ditch you okay?" Hannah grinned excitedly. I rolled my eyes but returned a smile. "Oh I know you'll leave me for Peter," I teased. Hannah shook her head and pushed me slightly.

"I wouldn't do that to you," Hannah said in all seriousness. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "You are such a drama queen, but I love you and I know you wouldn't," I smiled at my best friend.

~*~

"Angelina! You haven't packed at all?!" I cringed at the sound of my friend screaming. I shook my head in fear so I cowered towards my bed and under my covers. "I don't know what to pack!" I stated in defense. Hannah sighed and went into my closet.

"Go down to the kitchen missy and pack some snacks and drinks! The guys will be here in an hour!" Hannah shouts. "Yes ma'am!" I replied in a salute. I ran downstairs and started scavenging through the pantry for good snacks. I grabbed a tote bag and tossed chips, candy, cakes, and drinks into the bag. "I think that's good enough!" I lifted the bag and laid it down by the door.

"We're here!" I jumped and clutched my chest trying to calm my poor heart. "Peter! Don't do that!" I scolded my heart still beating fast while Peter laughs his butt off. I stood with my arms crossed as I waited for Peter to stop laughing. Jacob walks in confused and looks at me for answers. I shrugged and did the circle gesture by my head saying he was crazy.

Jacob shook his head in amusement then flopped on the couch. "Where's my lady?" Peter asked obnoxiously. I grunted and pointed towards upstairs. I watched Peter as he skipped up to my room. "Where's the others?" I asked Jacob while sitting down on the love seat. "Molly, Greg and the others couldn't make it," Jacob stated while he played on his phone. "What?!" I asked panicking. Jacob jumped surprised of my outburst. Trust me that was embarrassing.

"Are you alright Angelina?" Jacob asked. "Uh...Yeah just peachy. Excuse me I forgot to pack something," I basically ran towards my room, hardly able to breathe. "Lina, are you oka-," Hannah didn't even finished before I kicked Peter out and locked my door. "The others are not going! So I am NOT going!" I told her a little angry and anxious. Hannah grabbed me and sat me down on the bed.

"I know. Peter told me just earlier. I know you're panicking right now, but I won't leave you alright. You're going to be fine. Now stop holding your breath and breathe," I let go of the breath I was holding and started to calm down. "Good. You looked like a grape," Hannah teased. I gaped at her and threw a pillow at her face.

"That was not nice Lina!" Hannah scolded, mocking me. I rolled my eyes and flopped on my bed. "Get up! I finished packing your suitcase and now we have to get going!" Hannah demanded.