Chapter Two

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***Chapter Two: Why Did I Agree To This?***

[Angelina]

*Flashback Freshman Year*

Finally finishing my math test, I can go home now. That test really got to me. I hate math. Who would want to discover all those terms? Who would do math for fun? They must be crazy! If I ever meet the person who invented math, I sure will kick their butt!

I made my way to my locker to gather my stuff before going over to the parking lot to be picked up. I closed my locker door and made my way down the empty hallway. I turned around the corner only to run into someone head on. I rubbed the sore spot on my forehead before tending to the other person I bumped into.

I stared into the most beautiful eyes that I've ever seen. Jacob Lane. I've had the longest crush on him since we were in Kindergarten. He would always be my first kiss, well on the cheek. I've never had my first kiss, ever. 

I instantly blushed as he offered his hand. I accepted his help and offered a shy smile. "I'm really sorry for that! I'm such a klutz," I apologized immediately after we both were off of the ground. "Oh, it's alright. It was an accident. I'm more worried about your pretty face. Here lemme see your forehead," I blushed when Jacob stepped closer to examine my forehead. I could smell his lemony scent. It was sweet. A smile formed on my face, as my cheeks turned pink from embarrassment. 

"U-uh, thank you," I said as he stepped back. A blush crept on his face as he realized we were close to kissing. "It's alright. No need to apologize. It's not so bad. It won't bruise, so that's good," a grin broke out on his face as he bid goodbye and walked the opposite of me. 

He was and would always be my first love.

*End of flashback*

~*~

*Present Day End of Game Party*

"Why did I agree to this?" I asked myself as I stood over the cupcakes with tears rolling down my face. I remembered that moment from 3 years ago that had me smiling whilst crying. I don't understand why his words affected me so much. I shouldn't care what he thinks about me. I thought I was over him. Why was I affected then?

I knew that I should've said no to Molly. However, after that incident, I knew I couldn't say no to her. She had been through a lot and seeing her happy is what I will do, no matter the cost. I promised.

Sighing, I knew it was time for Molly to announce about the cupcakes so I decided to slip out through the back door and got into my car and went home.

~*~

"Marcy, I'm home!" I announced as I closed the front door and headed into the kitchen. "Hello there sweetheart! How was the party?" I headed towards the island bar and sat on one of the stools. She placed a plate of cookies in front of me and a glass of milk. "Thanks," I took a bite of the chocolate chip cookies and sighed. After finishing a cookie and drinking my milk I finally answered her question.

"The party was obnoxious and I cried," I told her truthfully. Concern evident on her weary face, her smile replaced by a frown. "Who made you cry sweetheart?" she asked. I just shook my head and gave her a weak smile. "Jacob," I whispered whilst nibbling on a cookie. Marcy remained quiet as she knew how I felt about him. I constantly talked about him after that meeting in the hallway. 

Marcy had always believed that we were going to end up together. She even encouraged me to try and talk to him, but that one week that I had the courage to, he was already dating someone whom was older than us. He changed.

"It's alright. I am over him," I told not only her but to assure myself as well. I can't be pining for a guy that doesn't return the same feelings that I have--had--for him. Maybe, if I keep saying it long enought, I'll start believing it.

~*~

"Hey, Angelina! How did the party go last night?" I met up with Hannah by my locker to talk about the party. "Well, I stood alone in the kitchen as instructed by Molly. And then..." I hesitated in telling her about this. But I knew that I would regret not telling her because we told each other everything. I took a deep breath and looked around to see if anyone was nearby. "Is everything alright?" Hannah asked, concern written all over her cute face. I gave her an assuring smile and nodded.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. It's just that, while I was in the kitchen, someone walked in," I told her then turned towards my locker, opening it and taking all the books that I needed for my classes. "Who was the guy?" she asked anxiously. I sighed once again and faced her. "Jacob Lane," I whispered, observing my friend's blank expression.

"What did he say? Did he hurt you? Does he remember that time?" I chuckled at her rapid questions as she shot them at me one after another. I placed my hand over her mouth to shut her up. "He just said some mean stuff and it upset me, but I'll get over it. I doubt her remembers that day," I recapped, feeling suddenly weary. I tried to shake it off, but it didn't really work.

I was doing fine until that stupid party. Why did I agree to do that again? Oh yeah, my cousing. Whom I promised that I would do everything I can to make her happy. If only she would see how I feel. No one really knew or cared what I'm feeling except for my bestfriend, Hannah, Marcy, my caretaker and my grandmother whom runs a bakery shop.

My parents were never really around to even notice how I'm doing. Since they're all busy with their companies and all. I hated when they travel so much. I just want them home for awhile and spend time with me, until I go off to college anyways. I sighed, quickly shaking all my thoughts away before facing Hannah again.

"I'm going to be fine, Hans. Don't give me that look," I warned her, a smile forming on my face. She continued with her lost puppy eyes causing me to burst into a fit of giggles. I shook my head and started to walk towards my class. 

Bumping into someone, I immediately apologized to whoever it was that I ran into. I looked up to those same eyes that haunted me in my dreams. It was like a freshman year all over again. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe and I felt my heart cracking. "I-I'm sorry," I muttered out, my mind clouding in a daze. 

He didn't seem to recognize me, again; which had my heart breaking into a million pieces. I felt a prickling sensation and my nose stinging. All the signs that I was about to cry. Luckily, Hannah saw and quickly led me to the bathroom. "Excuse us. Angelina are you alright?" She nodded at Jacob whom was confused before recognition crossed his angelic face. 

"Angelina?" he called out, but it was too late. We were already around the corner. But just that question had me thinking. Did he remember me? 

I had all these questions, but I could never ask. I cannot let him back into my heart. I have to forget about him. I NEED to forget him. He belonged to Molly. And she's the one of the closest family I have right now. 

"Are you okay?" I snapped out of my own world and turned towards my best friend before breaking down in tears. I sobbed on her shoulders as I let my heart break into a pile of dust. "Oh, sweetie. I know it hurts," she cooed. I cried harder.

***************************

This had me sniffling, but I refused to cry! But this seriously had me on the verge of crying. :'(

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!

**************************