Chapter Three

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***Chapter Three: Trouble In Paradise***

[Jacob]

I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her long golden hair, captivating bright oceanic blue eyes, and her plush plump lips. I wonder what it would be like to kiss her? I sighed as I walked through the hallways in hopes to see her and talk to her.

Wait a minute? What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I thinking about a girl whom I don't even know aside that she's Molly's cousin. Besides, I am dating Molly, anyways.

But why can't I get Angelina out of my mind? Maybe I'll see her around Molly's house whenever I come over.

I shook my head at the absurd ideas that constantly fills my head. I may be a player, but I never cheat on someone I am currently with. I can look but I can't touch. One of the things that I've learned after my Grandmother, before she passed away.

I reminisced through those times spent at my Grandmother's house. She would bake cookies and pour milk in a glass for me right after school. I was barely home, since my parents were always at work. So I spent all my time at my Grammy's house--she was always alone and so was I. We were perfect for each other in keeping company. She would teach me how to do all kinds of stuff and especially in being a gentleman.

I hated being a dick to every girl, in fact, I feel so guilty for using all those girls. But I was just angry with my parents and my Grandmother passing away, that I had no one. Even though, I have many friends, especially, my boys--but they didn't know what I've been through. I wish I could tell them, but it seems too personal and they seem like they wouldn't care, even though we are all friends.

It's one of the few secrets that I would keep to myself.

Now, the problem is, why can't I get her out of my damn mind? Why does she make me feel like my old self? Why does she remind me of my Grandmother's innocence? All these questions that fill my mind is driving me crazy.

She's like a drug, once in my system, I just crave for more. I needed her by my side, I needed to talk to her, to hear her voice once again. I wanted to spill all my secrets to her--why do I want to tell her everything?

Why do I feel so damn guilty for making her cry? I am such an ass! I have to find her and apologize.

I was so much in my thought that I didn't realize I bumped into someone. I snapped out of my reverie to find myself face to face with the girl that has been haunting my mind. At first, I thought it was all a trick--that maybe, my mind was playing games with my eyes.

I came to realize she was real--standing right in front of me. Her friend right next to her. We stared into each other's eyes. I wanted to know what she was thinking but what I saw in her eyes, suddenly confused me. She looked like she was in pain, but why? Was something bothering her?Did someone hurt her? I wanted to say something, but I was cut off by her friend.

"Excuse us. Angelina are you alright?" they walked past me, as I stood there confused looking back at them. Realization finally sunked into my brain that the girl I need was about to walk away again. "Angelina?" I called out but it was already too late. She stared back at me right before they turned around the corner. I wanted to chase after her--to make her pain go away. I wanted her in my arms, like I had to protect her.

"Jakey?" I slowly turned towards Molly, whom was standing right beside me with concern written all over her face. "Are you alright babe?" she asked. I simply nodded before giving her my famous smirk.