Chapter Five

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***Chapter Five: Mysterious Girl***

[Jacob]

Molly eyed the girl that looked familiar-I just couldn't put my finger on it. Have I seen her before? I don't think I have, but I couldn't help feeling like I knew her.

Molly snuggled against my body, almost as if digging herself into my chest while glancing at the girl now and then.

Suddenly, my side started hurting since Molly was practically digging her nails into my body. I gently squeezed her fist and gave her a peck on the lips. I need to get some air.

"Hey, I'm about to step out, do any of you want popcorn?" I stood up slowly and got everyone's attention. Peter grinned and gave me a thumbs up. "Yeah, me and Hans want some popcorn," the brunette gazed at Peter like a lovesick puppy.

I didn't know if I should be happy for him or disgusted. Peter is my friend, but he's such a dick to be honest.

"Greg did you and..." I trailed off she never mentioned her name so I was a bit curious. "Angel. Yes, we would like some popcorn," she spoke for Greg. "Thanks man," he smiled and turned back towards the movie, with Angel snuggling back to her position. I felt bitter suddenly.

Angel.

There is really something familiar, like an old memory with that name.

"Do you need some help babe?" I looked down at Molly and smiled. I felt guilty for thinking about another girl while my girlfriend is sitting next to me.

"No, I'm alright. I just need some air. I'll be right back," I assured her, gently squeezing her hand before walking out of the screening room.

I walked into the kitchen and headed for the pantry to look for popcorn. Grabbing the box I headed for the microwave. I threw a bag in, once taking the plastic wrap off and waited for the timer to go off.

"Oh lord, where is the dang bathroom?" A frustrated voice echoed from the hallway towards the bathroom. I popped my head through the doorway to see Angel opening doors.

She looked pretty cute frustrated, with her cheeks tinted pink, her lips shaped in a pout, and her eyes shiny with unshed tears.

"Hey, do you need help?" She jumped and let out a squeak, turning towards me quickly. I stifled a laugh, I didn't mean to scare her. "No, don't worry. I found it," she refused to make eye contact, seeing that she was embarrassed.

"That's the closet," I stated as she opened it. Her face turning into a bright red color, like a tomato. Bathroom is right behind you," I teased. She scowled at me before hastily opening the door behind her and slammed it shut.

Hearing the timer going off, I chuckled all the way to the microwave.

~*~

After making two bags of pop corn, I threw the last bag in and set the timer. "How many popcorn are you going to make?" I jumped slightly and turned towards the door.

Angel tried to stifle a laugh but she bursted out in giggles. "I guess that's a little payback for scaring the crap out of me," she smirked then making her way towards the breakfast bar.

I cleared my throat and turned my full attention on her. "I guess we're even," I stated grinning at her. She pursed her lip while gazing out into nothing.

She then looked back at me and smirked. "Not even close Jake," the smile slipped out of her face as she stared at me.

I stood dumbfounded, not knowing what she meant by that. I frowned at her comment; I opened my mouth to speak but she spoke first.

"Thanks for the popcorn!" She grabbed two bowls of popcorn and made her way back to the screening room.

I jumped at the sound of the microwave going off. I shook my head and poured the popcorn into a bowl then making my way back to the room.

As I neared the room I heard a blood curling scream. I rushed into the room in a panic, only to see Angel petrified as she clung onto Greg. My blood boiled at the site. I handed the bowl to Molly without saying a word and not looking back.

I left.

~*~

*SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!! I LOST INSPIRATION.. BUT I'M TRYING AGAIN.

HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT!***