Chapter 38: Goodbye Donovan

PAISLEYS POV:

Donovan and I held hands as we walked around town. We went to see a movie and then went to dinner. I actually think that this was one of the best dates ever. We were walking through the park and I even got a small piggyback ride before I jumped off. This was peaceful.

We walked together but I noticed something was up. He wasn't as excited as he usually is. Somethings definitely up but I don't know what. Maybe it's his dad.

"Paisley we have to talk," he says softly and my heart skips a beat. This sounds bad.

"Sure," I say and he turns to the side and faces me.

"Paisley I've loved you ever since we met and I was stupid for not making a move but I thought you didn't feel the same way."

"I love you too Donovan."

"But I have to tell you this. Paisley this is our first and last date," he admits and I feel deflated. He doesn't like me.

"Wh-What?"

"I wish we could have more days together but we can't. We can't because I'm moving away from Flordia tomorrow."

I blink the tears away, "What?"

"I'm leaving."

"Then why would you make me feel special if you're just gonna leave?" I was angry, hurt, pissed, everything. He engulfs in a hug and I take a couple deep breaths.

"I never would dream of hurting you. I didn't find out until today. I have to move even though it pains me to leave you. But you need to know, you are the only girl I have ever cared this deeply for. I love you beyond words, I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner."

I hug him back, "I love you too."

I know he'll be okay.

*********

I smiled as Donovan stood at my doorway. In the background I saw a u-haul and people moving things out of their house. My brothers were helping along with my father. I can't believe they were actually gonna move. They are heading to Alabama so they can live with his grandparents and his father can focus on getting well. The pain I feel is unbearable. I loved Donovan and I'll miss our adventures. I guess all good things come to an end and when it comes to me, I don't get good things for long.

"So I guess this is good bye," he says and I look down.

"I'm not sure, who knows. Maybe I'll come to Alabama some time."

"I'd enjoy it a lot better if you came."

I hugged him,"I'm gonna miss you Donovan hugged me tight and buried his head in my hair,"I am too."

I kissed him and he kissed me back. We didn't break away until he had to leave and when we broke away, my heart ached. He waved good bye as his car drove away and they left forever. I'm never gonna see him again. I'm not sure if this goodbye was from him to me or me to him. In the end it was goodbye.

-----------------------------------------

SO NEW CHAPTER! OKAY SO WHEN I FINISH THIS BOOK IM GONNA REREAD IT AND MAKE A BETTER VERSION SO ILL HAVE TWO COPIES OF THIS STORY. BUT IMMA ATTEMPT TO FINISH IT TODAY. ANYWAY DONOVAN LEFT?! WHAT DID Y'ALL THINK OF THAT? SO PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT:) ALSO IF YALL SEE MISTAKES LET ME KNOW AND IF YOU KNOW ANY PARTS THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OR ADDED INTO A CHAPTER COMMENT BELOW. THANKS FOR READING.

VOTE.

COMMENT.

SHARE.

XOXOXO