Chapter 5: Eric

"I'm Eric Calloway and I'm your new student," he says and I start to shake uncontrollably. He cannot be here. I moved here to make sure I'm not near him. Why is he here?

Evan turns to look at me and scowls. I look really pale right now and I feel tears prickling my eyes. Eric has brains though, he doesn't come to the back where I am. He knows better than to mess with me when my brothers are around but he still does stare. He doesn't ignore the blonde, instead he sits right next to her and he's already flirting with her non-verbally.

When the bell rings, I have trouble standing. My legs feel like jelly and I feel like all the little energy I had in me today had been drained. Donovan waits for me but so does Eric and when we get out, all hell breaks loose. Evan grabs Eric by the collar and drags him to the auditorium. He pushes Eric against the wall and I watch, wide eyed. I don't know what Evan will do but Evan is capable of doing everything. Eric doesn't look scared, he merely takes a piece of lint off his baby blue shirt as if my 140 pound brother wasn't pining him against the wall.

"Why are you here?!" Evan shouts and Eric smirks.

"Hello Evan, Cole," he greets my brothers and his gaze lingers on me, "Paisley."

Evan pushes Eric harder into the wall, "Don't talk to her."

"Oh Evan, this again?" He asks, "The caring, tough, big brother act again? I think you've lied to her enough."

Ouch I felt the sting of those words, I don't even want to know how Evan felt. Sure we've had some issues but no one can talk to my brothers that way.

"Why are you here, Eric?" I sigh and ask. His name leaves a sour taste in my mouth. He smiles at me.

"Because I missed you!"

Cole narrows his gaze, "Real reason."

He rolls his eyes, "That little promotion your dad got, well my mom got it too, and well here I am."

I stare wide eyed at him, "You're living here?!"

He smirks, "Oh yes my little Pastry I am, and believe me when I say, you're going to want me back."

I hate that he used Pastry. He used to call me that because he thought it was cute. Him saying that name is just bringing back unwanted memories. Memories that I sure as hell do not want back. I spent months hiding these memories deep down and now he's back. All my work will be for nothing. I can't believe this; I won't ever escape.

"She's smarter than to go back to you," Evan spits out, "Let's make your life easier, stay away from my sister and I'll make sure my fist, stays away from your face."

Eric smirks, "Evan, I hate to break it to you pal, but I'm not scared of you or your brothers anymore. I've realized a lot in the months you guys were gone. You're all talk and no game. Just like all the talk that you actually give a damn about your sister but in reality, you couldn't care less. Admit it, you didn't care before and you don't care now. All talk...no game."

Evan releases Eric and Eric smirks.

"Eric leave us alone," I beg and he shakes his head.

"No can do, seeing you has brought back all old memories and I'm itching to make new ones with you," he tells me, "And if you plan to use your brothers as a scare tactic, I hate to break it to you but they don't scare me anymore."

Evan clears his throat, "Speaking of breaking it to you."

Eric turns around and I hear a huge crack. Evan's fist is bloody and Eric holds his nose. Evan just punched him in the face. Oh my god, I'm so happy but so scared at the same time.

"Guess your statement of "all talk no game" was wrong," Evan says before dragging me out. We're already beyond late and I totally forgot Donovan was there. He witnessed the whole thing; I'm pretty sure he think we're crazy.

"Hm guess I'm not going to second period physics," Evan says, breaking the silence, and I laugh. The tension was so thick and I'm so awkward so I laugh. I laugh at Evan punching Eric in the face. I laugh at the fact that we're skipping physics, biology and whatever the hell Donovan and Cole have. I laugh at the irony that one of the people we wanted to get away from, is now living at the place we wanted to get away from him. The irony in my life is so tragic.

"So," Donovan says after my awkward laughing spout, "I'm guessing you don't like him?"

Evan looks at me and I sigh, "He's my ex."

Donovan nods his head, "Okay..."

"He cheated on me," I admit, mostly true but I'm not going to tell him my life story. I'm sick of telling people so much about me for them to only leave me when the going gets tough.

Donovan nods once before patting Evan on the shoulder, "You should've punched him harder bro."

Evan laughs and I smile. We didn't scare him off. Maybe we did scare him a bit but at least not too much. It would kind of suck if our next door neighbor was scared of us. But then again, I doubt it'd matter. I don't think Donovan is interested in being my friend but I definitely think he's interested in being my brothers.

"Well since we've already missed like half of second period," Cole says, "Where to now?"

Donovan smirks, "Follow me."

****************************************************************

Vote.

Comment.

Follow me :)

If you like the story, make sure to recommend it to your friends :)

XOXOXO