Chapter 21: Curious

This is a shoutout to yoshi2017!!! You made my day when I saw the 31votes!! I thought wattpad had messed up but they didn't. I freaking want to hug you right now!! Thank you so much for voting!!! You're amazing and I freaking love you:) Thank you for voting and I dedicate this chapter to you:) So enjoy...

I didn't dare tell my brothers about what happened with Eric. Honestly, I didn't even know what exactly happened myself. I had no idea what to feel, what he felt, or even where to go. I just wanted to spend the day in bed. As usual, life had other plans. Donovan was staying over at our place. His mom and dad were heading out of town for a bit and they weren't comfortable with him staying home alone so my dad offered for him to stay with us. Dad was gone on a business trip so there was no adult supervision but his mom didn't need to know that.

I was curled up under the covers, trying to wrap my mind around everything. Eric kissed me, he made this passionate speech about changing, but yet he's been nothing but a bully since he moved here. Then again, he did say we could pretend it never happened. If he really was his old self, he would've bragged to Evan by now. Maybe he didn't want to get punched at his moms company party. He's been radio silent since then as well, I wonder if he's overthinking this as I am.

I hear a knock on my door and Evan pokes his head in, "Want to have a movie night?"

Truthfully no. I shrug, "Maybe."

"You okay?" I hear the worry in his voice.

I nod, "Yeah, just tired. Didn't sleep well."

"Want to talk about it?"

I don't even know where to begin. "No I'm okay, I'm just going to lay in bed a bit today and I'll come down later."

I know Evan didn't want to leave but he also didn't want to push me. I hear him sigh, "Well okay then, we'll be downstairs."

He shuts the door and curl up even more under the covers. I feel a few tears fall, and get angry at myself for crying. I'm so sick of crying all the time. I wish I didn't feel anything. I hate that he's confused me even more. I hate that I'm not thinking straight, and I hate that I feel confused over something that should be an easy answer.

I don't remember falling asleep but then the next time I wake up, I see it's about 3 pm. I groan as I get out of bed, pulling on a pair of sweats and leaving my black tank on. I head downstairs and see all the guys searching the house, including Donovan.

"What's going on?" I ask, Logan lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God," he says, "We played hide and seek with Daniel and now we can't find him."

"You lost our brother?"

"More so misplaced," Cole points out, rubbing his head. I roll my eyes and sigh. Boys.

"Fine, I'll help."

Daniel is the master of hide and seek. Daniel is tiny so he can hide almost everywhere. This makes finding him that much difficult. Luckily, I already had experience. I walk over to the closet in the living room and push the coats back. Nope, he's not there. I check the cabinets in the kitchen but he's not there either. After checking the whole bottom floor, I head upstairs and head into Jordan's and James' room. Their room is a pigsty, there's old takeout on the floor, clothes thrown everywhere, the bathrooms a mess, if I see a condom, I'll lose it. I scrunch my nose in disgust, I'm so making them clean after this. I poke around a bit but don't find him. I quickly step out of the room before something comes to life.

I walk into Daniel's room and the gruesome twosome are in there playing toy cars. I remember when my brothers did this and they'd let me play until I made them angry. Then they'd kick me out of the game and I'd go play barbies. It beat playing speed racing. "Paisley wanna play?" Max asks and I shake my head. I don't have time for this. I check the bedroom and check the closet. Luckily no swimsuit models pop out and truth be told, I'd be a bit worried if one did. I mean they're still kids. At least I know Daniels not in here.

I check Evan and Coles bedroom next and when I open the closet, a mountain of clothes fall and I jump back before they can crush me. What is up with my brothers and their messy closets? I search through the clothes but no Daniel. Damn this kid is good.

The last place I check is Logan and Chris' room. I peak behind the clothes, he's not there. I look under the desk, he's not there. Then I notice something under the bed. I crouch down and see Daniel staring back.

"You found me!" he exclaims, smiling.

"I did, now come out from under there."

He comes out and we head downstairs. My brothers let out a sigh of relief.

"Remind us to never play hide and seek again with him without you here."

I roll my eyes, taking a seat. I see Cole walk over, a grin on his face.

"Hey Pais," he says and I sigh.

"No."

"You don't even know what I was gonna ask!"

"Fine ask away."

"Wanna make your favorite brother some brownies?" He asks and I shake my head. 

"No I do not."

"Oh come on," he tells me. Soon enough the others join in begging, including Donovan. I finally cave, "Fine, just shut up."

I head into the kitchen and get the supplies ready because I make them from scratch. I started to mix the batter and made sure to add chocolate chips together. I also added extra chocolate because double fudge brownies are my specialty. I put them in the oven and set the timer because I have the tendency to forget about them. I hang out at the counter, looking at my phone. No texts, not that I was expecting one.

Evan grabs a bit of flour and throws some on me. I glare at him as he laughs, turning his back to me. I  grab the nozzle of the faucet and spray cold water at him. This shocks him and he jumps up and down. Evan glares at me and grabs an egg to throw. I duck and the egg hits Logan...right in the face. I see Logan narrow his gaze and this starts an all out war. He grabs the nozzle from me and begins spraying. He gets me, Evan, Chris, and Donovan who happened to be following suit. Poor Donovan, guy had no idea what he was getting himself into.

I see Jordan sneak up and throw me over his shoulder. It's his way of getting me out of the war but Logan sprays Jordan by accident. The cold water makes Jordan loosen his grip on me and I threaten to fall. I feel myself slipping and basically brace myself to hit the ground. I've hit the ground before so I'll survive, just not as pleasant. Jordan notices and tightens his grip in time to keep me from falling. Jordan sets me down on a stool and we watch the war unfold. Cole sits next to us along with James and we watch the other 4 engage in the longest war we've had. I wonder if there will be any victors.

The timer rings, putting a stop to the war. We assess the damage. Much of our flour was lost during this battle and a few eggs but the winner is not clear. We can barely tell who's who under all that flour. 

"Okay boys," I announce, "Whoever doesn't help clean up won't get brownies."

I remove the brownies from the oven as everyone starts cleaning the kitchen. There's a lot of water on the ground so once thats mopped up and everything's clean, I head upstairs to wash off. I come back downstairs and start cutting the brownies into squares. I put them on a plate and brought them to everyone. Then we all settled in and started a movie. I'm thankful for my brothers, as dysfunctional as we really are, they definitely helped take my mind off Eric and the kiss. I couldn't be more grateful for them and for that.

-----------------------------------------

Enjoy the edited version! Anyway thanks for reading and follow yoshi2017...they're amazing and this is dedicated to them:)

Follow me on instagram: call.me.sanja_

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

XOXOXO