Chapter 26: Aftermath

I stared, speechless as Evan was making out with Katrina. My heart was breaking in a million pieces. After everything that she had done to me, how could Evan do this? How could my brother make out with her, the same girl he vowed never to go back to. 

I push my body away and I walk over to a bench. I sit clutching the bench and breathing in and out. This could not be happening. This was a fresh start, yet everything was the same. History was repeating itself and there was nothing I could do. I couldn't breath. How could Evan do this to me? I think I'm going to be sick.

I decide to go find Jordan, he can give me a ride home. I'm sure he's ready to go too. As soon as I turn the corner, I run into Stacy and Donovan. Can this night get any worse?

"Paisley, hey!" Stacy says and smiles at me. I keep my expression neutral. I see Donovan smile softly at me, which I just look down.

"Hey," I say, "I've got to go." I try to push past them but Stacy grabs my arm.

"What's the rush? Let's hang out!" she says, too enthusiastically.

"I have to find Jordan," I say and break my arm away from her grip. Stacy glares at me and I glare back. I am so not in the mood. Donovan looks at me.

"You alright?" he asks.

No. "I'm fine, just tired."

"Ok Stace she doesn't want to hang so let's just go. If we see Jordan we'll let him know that you're looking for him."

"Thanks," I mutter and Stacy intertwines her hand with Donovans. She leans against him and when he looks at her, she smiles and goes on her tippy toes and kisses him. She opens one eye and looks at me and a sly grin is plastered on her face. She wants a rise out of me but I won't give her one. I simply continue walking. I continue to look for Jordan and finally see him. He's leaning against a stand and flirting with a girl. She's pretty with black short hair, green eyes and big full lips. She's wearing a crop top and Hough waisted shorts along with boots. I walk up and he notices me.

"Hey pipsqueak, what's up?" he asks.

"Can you take me home?" I ask and he nods.

"Sure, I was getting bored anyway."

The girl scoffs next to him and storms off. Although she isn't too heartbroken since she walks away and flirts with a new guy. We walk to the Mustang and I can barely walk. I sit in the passenger seat of his Mustang and he turns up rock music.

"Jordan turn it down!" I shout over the music.

What?! I can't hear you!" he shouts and laughs. I groan and sink in my seat; crossing my arms. I stare out the window as I take in today's events. Eric gave me a necklace and Evan kissed Katrina. Who knew my brother would break my heart before my ex did. Maybe I was worried about the wrong person breaking my heart.

Once we're home, I walk in to see dad and Carmen in a serious make out session. They break apart as soon as we walk in, both turning red. I say a quick hello and head upstairs. I change in my PJs and walk into my bathroom. After today, I think a cut is necessary...or maybe two. After the bleeding stops, I head back to my room and go under the covers. I toss and turn and can't seem to sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see Evan and Katrina making out.

I crawl out of bed and head to Jordan. Jordan's already asleep but wakes up when I shake him hard. He opens the covers and I let him pull me close, "What's wrong?"

I shake my head, "Nothing, I just needed my big brother."

He lays his chin on top of my head, "You've always got me."

A part of me wasn't so sure about that.

-----------------------------------------

New chapter...wow drama. More Jordan development. What'd y'all think? Let me know:) Next chapter will have some Evan drama...yikes:) Thanks for reading. Vote please and follow me:)

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

XOXOXO