Falling Hard - Chapter 15

Chapter 15

                *Katelyn’s POV*

                It’s been three days since Zayn kissed me, and each day’s better than the last. The boys leave in four days… I forcibly try to make myself stop thinking about it by yelling at my best friend, “ADDISON! Get out of my kitchen and talk to me!”

                “Okay!” Addy walks back into the living area carrying five cookies, a sandwich stuffed with chicken, turkey, ham, lettuce and tomato, a Diet Coke – for me I suppose – and a Coke for herself.

                I laugh at her and say, “Hon, you went in there for a snack! THIS,” I gesture at everything in her hands, “does not qualify as a snack.”

                Addison sticks her tongue out at me, like the mature girl I know she is, and replies, “Katie, I was hungry! Get off my back!” She takes a huge bite of her sandwich and chews noisily. Addy swallows, and tosses me the Diet Coke. “For you.”

                “Have I ever told you how much I love you?” I ask jokingly as I pop the tab of my can and take a huge swig.

                Addison snorts. “NOPE!” She winks at me before delving into her sandwich again.

                I chuckle to myself and think, Niall’s a lucky boy.

                I realize much too late that I’ve said this out loud. I pick a piece of half chewed lettuce off my shirt. SHE SPIT ON ME. EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN HER MOUTH WAS NOW EITHER ON ME, OR MY COUCH. Gross.

                “H – He is not. I – I’m a lucky girl,” Addison stammers. She snaps back to normal, hops off the couch and dances around the room. “Can you still believe that we’re dating two fifths of One – freaking – DIRECTION? It feels like a dream.” She falls back onto the couch in a dreamy state.

                Oh man does it ever. “I know.” I turn to face her on the couch. “Are you ready for the interview tonight? They’re announcing that we’re their girlfriends on national television. Twitter’s going to EXPLODE.”

                “I guess.” She didn’t sound confident. “Whatever, we’ll get used to it, eh? I mean, our boyfriends are Zayn – freaking – Malik, and Niall – flacking – Horan, international celebrities. We’ll have to get used to it! Like Danielle and Eleanor did.”

                Danielle and Eleanor… RIGHT Lou and Li’s girlfriends. “Yup! But I’m still nervo –,” The door bell interrupts me. I groan and get up stiffly. I swing the door open and Zayn and Niall arestanding there.

                “Hello, lovely,” Zayn says, kissing me on the forehead. “May we come in?” I nod, letting them past. They made their way to the couch, and Niall immediately sat next to Addy, wrapping his arm around her waist, and stealing one of her cookies.

                I slide next to Zayn. He drapes his arm over my shoulder. “I thought you guys had to go to the interview? It starts in like two hours doesn’t it?” I ask him curiously.

                “We’re on our way.” Zayn winks at me. I don’t like the sound of that… “You’re going to come with us! We need the moral support.”

                I snort. “Of course you do. You’ve done plenty of interviews that you need no support at all. Why are we going?”