Falling Hard - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

                *Katelyn’s POV*               

                Niall and I split up because we came to a cross section. I chose to go left, so he went to the right.

                I creep along the corridor quietly, so if I catch Zayn, I can sneak up on him. I'm careful to check behind dressings, and curtains, just in case he has chosen to hide behind one.

                As I'm looking behind some purple curtains, something grabs me from behind. I shriek very loudly, and start to kick what has grabbed me. I catch him in the shin with my heel and am satisfied with a familiar groan. .

                I glance up and am staring into a pair of chocolate brown eyes, topped with spiky back hair.

                Zayn.

              I wriggle around so that I am facing Zayn, without him having to drop his arms. “Why?” I demand. “You scared the crap out of me!”

                "You kicked me, you monster!" Zayn says exasperatedly as he widens his eyes. “You’re cute when you’re scared, by the way,” He says with a smile. That didn’t even answer my question. I think.

                Zayn cocks his head to the right, and dropps his arms hastily when “Katelyn? Katelyn!” came echoing through the hallway.

                “Guys! I found him!” I yell in response. Just then, Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis round the corner and sprint towards us.

                “What happened?” Liam asks, concerned.

                “Are you okay?” Niall says.

                “What’d you do, Zayn?” Harry.

                “Harry, why do you assume it was Zayn? He’s too sweet to make Katelyn scream!” Louis says finally, pinching Zayn’s cheek like a baby.

                “Liam, Zayn scared the crap out of me, explaining my scream. Niall, yes I am, if my heart rate would slow down. Harry, I answered your question in Liam’s response, and finally, Louis, because it’s the logical answer..?” I say all in one breath, I gasp for air.

                “Well, explains why Louis didn’t get it!” Harry claps Lou on the back.

                “Wel – HEY!” Louis crosses his arms over his chest, and pouts, jutting out his chin and his bottom lip. “Harry, that was mean.”

                “And you’re the oldest,” I add under my breath, as I roll my eyes. It seems as though only Zayn has heard me because he is currently killing himself laughing. The other boys stare at him.

                “Okay then Zayn, that was a random laughing fit," Louis says slowly.       

                I turn to Zayn, finally remembering he has my iPhone. “Phone, now.” He hands me it, with difficulty as he is now the one who needs oxygen. “What were you typing into it?”

                “My number.” He winks at me. “And you’ll have to figure out what else on your own!” Zayn sprints away, laughing manically.

                “Zayn!” I bolt after him, hot on his trail.

                He skids to a halt in front of a suite, and ran inside. I follow him through the door, and stop in my tracks.