Falling Hard - Chapter 31

Chapter 31

                *Katelyn’s POV*

I haul myself up from my laying position and rub my eyes, ridding them of sleep and adjusting my vision so I could see straight. I look around groggily, and with a jolt I realize I’m not in my room – AGAIN!

                I was in a different bed, AGAIN!

                Ugh… What happened las – Zayn. I think as I glance over at a mess of black hair splayed over a pillow. It was obvious that it was Zayn. I don’t know anyone else with black hair.

                Leaning over on my elbows, careful not to disturb him, I poke his cheek lightly and whisper, “Zayn?”  When I get no answer, I swat his ear and say louder this time, “Zayn – flacking – Malik! Explain why this is the second time in less than a week that I’ve woken up next to you with no memory of the night before.”

                Zayn groans and throws a pillow at me. “I went on a walk, and I was sitting against a tree when I heard a scream and some strangled noises.” He picked himself up on his elbows, and ruffled his hair carefully. “I ran to see what it was, and it turns out you shrieked in your sleep… In the middle of a field… Which, quite frankly, I still don’t understand, but moving on…

                “I carried you back to the apartment plaza, and when I knocked on your door, no one answered. So, once again, I brought you back here, and you slept on my chest most of the night – you only moved over about two hours ago.” Zayn rubs his eyes and groans again.

                “Why don’t I recogni –”                

                “The room? Because Niall took over mine last night – he fell asleep, and the boy looked so comfortable I didn’t want to move him.” Zayn states, “So we’re currently in his room because, well, it was the last room by default.”

                I blink as the memories come flooding back. I went for a walk, I had a very real flashback, I dropped to the ground and broke down, I decided to not let myself fall for Zayn, I lied down, I must have fallen asleep because I remember a dream…

                Zayn and I were walking hand in hand to…somewhere, I honestly can’t remember… and he stopped suddenly and took my face in his hands…kissing me like he used to. Pulling away, he had looked me in the eyes and made an entire speech about how much he loved me, and how I chose to ignore it or couldn’t see it…and that he would love me forever… I was his only…

                Was that re – NO IT CAN’T BE REALITY! Don’t think like that Katelyn. It was a dream, a stupid, crazy, insane dream that could never have happened in real life… But what if he ha – DID I NOT SAY STOP?!

                “Katie?” Zayn interrupts my crazy thoughts and continues, “What can’t be reality?” 

                CRAP I SAID THAT ALL OUT LOUD! Oh my gosh… I need to stop doing that… Remember Addy? Ugh… “Uh… Nothing, don’t worry about it. And thank you, for carrying me home, I would have been really disoriented if you hadn’t…”

                Zayn smiles and my heart stops as he kisses my cheek lightly. “Don’t worry about it. I didn’t want you to be cold… Can I have my varsity jacket back now?” I glance down and am surprised to see a black and white jacket on me. I shrug it off and hand it to him. “Thanks.”

                “You gave me…”

                “My jacket? Yeah, you were shivering like crazy last night. So I put it on you before I picked you up.” Zayn answers smoothly.