Falling Hard - Chapter 27

Chapter 27

                *Katelyn’s POV*

                We climb out of the packed van and make our way into the Swiss Chalet looming in front of us. Zayn holds the door open for us like a gentlemen and I stay back just so I could walk in with him, so he’s not lonely… Or that’s what I told myself anyway.

                “Thanks, Zayn.” I smile up at him and he grins back. “Let’s go eat. This place is the best.”

                Zayn takes my hand, and I don’t protest, or pull away, it’s a brotherly gesture, hopefully. “C’mon, let’s find the boys…and Addy.”

               *Zayn's POV*

               We locate them in a corned booth, with rounded seats so that we could see everybody. I sit next to Katie near the end, with Liam on her other side. Niall and Addy are tucked away across the wall, and Harry and Louis are opposite Katie and me. It was comfortable, actually.

                A waitress comes by and asks us for our drink orders. I take the lead and order for all of us, “Two Diet Cokes, three Sprites, and two Cokes, please and thank you.” I look around to receive nods and one shake of the head, “I’m sorry, Addy, what do you want instead of a Sprite?”

                “Shirley Temple, please!”

                “Virgin?” The waitress asks.

                “Yes, please.”

                We all sit chatting about absolutely nothing important – from someone’s opinion on sweatpants, to another’s on cats, and then turtles and goldfish, OH! Now it’s sour or sweet – sipping our drinks casually.

                “I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word…” Katie squeaks and hops up, grabbing her phone, “Hello? OH HEY DAD! I’m out at dinner with Addy and the boys… Can I call you back later? Is it important? No, Dad I do not consider wanting to check in on me important. Can I please just call you back later? THANK YOU! Love you Daddy. BYE!” 

                Katie glances around at the strange looks she was receiving. “What?!”

                Liam smiles wickedly before singing, “I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own.”

                Katie widens her eyes and tries to say, “What is he –” but I cut her off with, “I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemy’s eyes. Listen as the crowd would sing, ‘The old king is dead, long live the king!’”

                Katie now looks flustered, and squeaks, “Really guys, wh –” then Niall interrupted, “One minute I held the key, next the walls were closed on me. And I discovered that my castles stand upon pillars of salt, pillars of sand.”

                I think Katie just gave up talking because she shut her eyes and pouted as Louis, Harry and I chorus, “I hear Jerusalem bell are ringing, Roman Calvary choirs singing. Be my mirror, my sword, my shield, my missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason I can’t explain, once you go there was never, never an honest word that was when I ruled the world.”

                Now Li, Ni and I (haha, that rhymed…moving on): “Oh, ooo, woah, oh, oh, oh. Oh, ooo, woah, oh, oh, oh. Oh, ooo, woah, oh, oh, oh. Oh, ooo, woah, oh, oh, oh. Oh, ooo, woah…”