Chapter 23: Stupid

Hia! Sorry I haven't been updating, but I'll try and get back to once a week updating! And, as you can see, this story is almost at it's end, so if you guys want a sequel tell me in the comments! Onto the chapter....

------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's POV~

I slowly get to my feet, bracing my self on shaking knees. Lucy's body has grown still, barely breathing. Those last words hurt me, a lot. But that didn't stop me from dragging my swelling body over to her, kneeling at her side, and taking her hand.

"Lucy," I say quietly. One of my eyes is swollen shut, but the tears still drip through and splash onto her. "I have so much to say to you. So many things to apologize for, so many things to say that I should've said a while ago. Lucy, you don't realize how much I actually...love you, and frankly I didn't realize it till a little while ago. But I guess I've always known, 'cause I always have. And I was dumb and totally fucked up because I told you that I wanted you off the team. I didn't. And it was the worst thing that I've ever done...." I pause. "No, it's not. The worst thing I've ever done is not love you.

"And I know after everything, you won't feel the same. And I don't blame you. At all. I deserve this, after I was such a shit. But Lucy, all I need to say is that, I. am. so. sorry."

Her eyes flutter a little, and the left one opens slightly. She raises her hand and, instead of caressing my swollen cheek, she slaps me across the face once more. But the power that was there before has vanished.

"Stupid," she mutters quietly.

"What?"

"I'm so stupid. After all you did. I should hate your guts. I should be livid at even the mention of your name. The thought of you should make me sick to my stomach. And yet," she slowly opens her other eye, "I still find myself loving you."

Silence stills around the room, and my heart rises in my throat.

"I can't bring myself to hate you, and I hate myself for it."

"Lucy..." I breathe, my heart stuttering like an old car engine.

"I know, I know. Stupid," her eyes drift shut again, and in that instant all the blackness in her veins start to retreat, all of them draining towards one eye. She starts to sniffle, and all at once, the strange magic drips from her eye as a stream of tears, making a sizzling sound as it hits the floor.

After the last of the glowing black tears drip to the concreate, Lucy open's her eyes. The warm chocolate color has returned, gazing up at me, glossy from tears.

"Natsu," she says quietly. "You saved me. Thank you."

"Don't thank me, Lucy. It was all you," I reply, smiling warmly. She duplicates my grin, and shuts her eyes again, losing consciousness once more.

"No...no...NO! This can't BE! I MUST NOT LOSE!" The queen shrieks. "Raiden! DESTROY THEM!"

A glowing figure steps out into view. It's Raiden, the guy I battled before, but he's different. A LOT different. His hair is stark white, his eyes a deep black, and his skin so pale it's translucent.

"DESTROY THEM WITH THE FULL POWER OF THE ELEMENT FOUR! USE THE NEW POWER YOU'VE ABSORBED TO END FAIRY TAIL!" she screams, shaking with utter rage.

I get to my feet, a smirk growing on my face, "Wendy, take care of Lucy. Erza, Gray, Happy. Let's do this."

----------------------------------------------

Sorry, this is a shorter chapter.....

But hope you enjoyed it!

And PLEASE comment if you want a sequel, otherwise I won't write one!

~Aleyna~