Chapter 8: Hushed Voices

HEY MA FAIRIES!!! Holy crap! So by the time I post this it will probably have changed but we are like one read away from 300 reads!!! And we are also one vote away from 30 votes!! I'm so utterly happy I just can't! Anyways, thanks for all your love and support! I can't thank you guys enough! Now, onto the story...!!

------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV~

Raiden's expression turns sad as I explain my situation. I have to bite my lip to stop the tears from flowing. Telling Raiden about Fairy Tail is like cutting an already bleeding wound. By the end of the story, my lip is numb and bleeding and my hands are clenched so tight that my knuckles are turning a pale white.

Raiden has brought me to his cozy cottage-like home near the edge of the forest. It is surprisingly large compared to what it looks like from the outside. The inside has a small kitchen, living and dining room, and a bedroom with a large, comfy looking bed. Raiden and I now sit in the living room, right in front of the bright flames of the open fire. He gave me a blanket or two and a large cup of coffee, his reason being 'I looked cold'.

Raiden stares into the flickering tongues of fire as he ponders my story. Finally, he speaks, "Wow."

"Yep," I say quietly, taking a large swig of the strong coffee.

"This Natsu guy, did you have...?"

I give him a side-long glance before nodding sadly. Raiden's expression becomes soft, his eyes full of pity.

"That sounds sad."

I turn his own line back on him, "No shit."

"So you left everyone behind? Like everyone?"

I nodded again, placing my empty coffee mug back onto the wooden coffee table. Tears prick in my eyes again as I catch something blue in my line of sight. My head immediately whips to look at it, but it's just a cup on the counter in the kitchen. The blue color reminds me of Happy, and all the previous emotions come crashing down onto me. I clumsily pull my blanketed knees into my chest and sob into them, my tears wetting the soft fabric.

I tire myself out with my crying, and eventually slump to the side, asleep. I faintly feel Raiden picking me up, but my brain is so worn out it doesn't even bother about it.

And I fall into a greatly needed, dreamless sleep.

~Levy's POV~

Last night was...awkward. I ended up staying with Gajeel overnight and it felt weird taking his bed while his large figure slept on the small in comparison couch. Gajeel insisted though, and, even though I won't admit it aloud, I fell asleep pretty fast curled up in the sheets that smelled like him. It was like he was there beside me, protecting me.

In the morning, I go out to find Gajeel still fast asleep on the couch. I quickly run to the kitchen, my bare feet not making a noise on the hardwood floors of his apartment.

I prepare a small breakfast for myself and a large plate of eggs and bacon for Gajeel when he wakes up. I steal a blank stick-note out of one of the kitchen drawers and write a small note on it:

"Here's breakfast! Eat up!"

-Levy

Then, a cup of tea in my hand, I quietly leave Gajeel's place and head to the guild. On the way across Fairy Hills I notice Lisanna sitting by herself under a large tree. And, even though she's completely alone, her mouth is moving. She's talking.

I slowly walk towards her, looking around me to make sure no one is watching. I manage to creep close enough to hear her talking. And, yep. She's alone.

Weird. Totally and utterly weird.

"Shut up," she hisses to no one. Suddenly her head tilts up and her eyes widen.

"No, get out!" she whispers harshly. Again, to no one. Then her head returns to it's earlier position and she growls.

"Never," she snarls and smiles evilly.

What the hell is going on?

Her head turns up again, "GET OUT!"

"SHUT UP," it's down again. She then looks around quickly, as if sensing I was there. She then brings her hand close to her face and slides a ring on to her finger. It's a large ring with a funny symbol on the top. It sits on her index finger next to the one on her middle finger, which also has a weird symbol on it. Wait are those...? It can't be...

Suddenly, her head perks up and turns to face me, as if she sees me from my expertly fail of I hiding spot. I freeze and duck my head into the thorny push. Ouch.

I curse under my breath at the pain of the sharp thorns tearing though my hair. I don't hear any movement from Lisanna, and when I pull my head out and look up, she's gone.

--------------------------------------------------

HEY FAIRIES!

OMG! So I wrote the intro last night at like 2:00AM and that's when we had like 299 reads but now we are at 321 reads!

Duuuuddeee I so happy!

Anyways thanks for all your guys' love and support!

I'll update again soon!

~Aleyna~