Chapter 9: Clicks

HEYO mah Fairies! I'm so sorry that there is such a big gap between this update and the last one... I was a little stressed out because it took Chapter 8 a while to get some reads, but now its up to 19 so it's all good! And school sucks, but we all already know that. Anyways, I'm gonna update probably again today and once tomorrow so stay tuned! Now, onto the chapter!

-----------------------------------------------------

~Mira's POV~

I hurry into Master's office after hearing the loud, angry shouts. I turn into the room and find myself looking at Natsu pressed against the floor, Laxus pressing him down with his knees. Master sits on his desk, clearly confused.

"What's going on?" I ask Master, and he shrugs, a frustrated look spreading over his features.

"Natsu," Laxus answers.

"What do you mean?"

"He's not acting like Natsu," Laxus meets my eyes. I notice something strange, Laxus doesn't even look tired, so how did he get Natsu pinned like that without a fight?

I gesture to Natsu pressed against the wooden floors and Laxus nods. "Then who were the shouts from?"

"Laxus," Master replies.

"This moron should be fighting back! It's a lot less satisfying beating someone up who doesn't fight back," Laxus justifies.

"Natsu didn't fight back?"

Laxus nods.

"Get him up," I command, weirded the hell out. Laxus pulls Natsu up by his pink hair. Natsu looks at me with lazy eyes. They shift from me to something behind me, and then back to me. I turn to look, and I see movement in the hall. I go out and find Lisanna there, leaning against the wall beside the door. "What are you doing here sis?" I ask.

Her eyes narrow, "Nothing."

Wait what? Did she just glare at me?!

I turn and look back inside the office. Natsu still looks clueless. Something clicks in the back of my mind. No way.

But I have to try.

I turn back to Lisanna, "Can you get my jacket back at my apartment for me?"

She ponders this for a second, and then reluctantly says: "Yea sure."

I wait for her to leave the guild hall, and then hurry back into the office and shut the door behind me. I look at Laxus.

"Wake him up."

"What?" Laxus asks, "He's awake already."

"Just wake him up!" I command, and Laxus nods hurriedly, dropping Natsu.

Then something clicks in Natsu.

He springs to his feet. "Lucy!" he shouts. Master gives me an astonished look.

"How'd you do that, child?" He asks, jumping down from the desk.

"I didn't..."

Natsu grabs hold of my shoulders and looks deep into my eyes, shaking me back and forth a little, "Where's Lucy?"

"What?"

"WHERE'S LUCY?!" He yells.

"She's gone, Natsu," Laxus says. Natsu's hands drop from my shoulders slowly, as the realization sinks in.

"She can't be," he says.

"Well she is, and it's all because of you," Laxus spits harshly.

"Nononononono." Natsu bursts past me, knocking down the office door. Me and Laxus exchange a look and chase after him.

I immediately figure out where he's going.

Lucy's.

We follow him down the street, taking the same path as before. The memories of yesterday start racing back and I slow down. A heavy weight presses against my heart, and tears prick in my eyes. Laxus notices me slowing down and turns to look. I look down at the ground, not wanting him to see me cry.

Please don't notice. Please don't notice. Please don't notice.

"Mira."

He noticed.

I wipe at my eyes and pick up the pace, running past him and turning the last corner. The door to Lucy's apartment building is open and hanging by it's hinges.

Laxus tries to grab my arm but I shrug him off and head into the building and up the stairs. The door to Lucy's place is also wide open. I walk to it and stop in the doorway.

Natsu is kneeling on the floor. And in his hands is a picture. The glass is cracked and the frame is damaged.

It's the photo the guild. Of Natsu and Lucy. Arm in arm.

I watch as something falls onto the broken glass.

A tear.

---------------------------------------------------

Heyo!

So we've past 400 reads and we're almost at 450 reads!

WHOA DAMN!!!!

Sorry it's a shorter chapter, but it keeps up the suspense....mwahahaha.

Thanks so much you guys for all the love and support you give me!

I love you so much!

~Aleyna~