Chapter 5: Never Again

HEYO FAIRIES!!! Oh my gosh I am so thankful for all you awesmazing readers! All these comments telling me that you guys want more are sooooo heart-warming! Go ahead and comment all you want if you need me to update more! I love you guys sooooo much and thanks for all the reads and the votes and the fabulous comments! So, since I hadn't updated in a while, I updated once this morning, and I'm updating again just to make up for the long gap! Oh! And I will be including more of the ships, like Gale and Gruvia and Jerza! I hope you guys enjoy it! NOW, on to the chapter!!!!

----------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV~

I race down the street, dodging past wandering city-folk. Tears stream from my face. They are now pouring in anger, not so much sadness. A deep ache pulls at my heart. I hate him. I hate him. I HATE HIM! NEVER AGAIN WILL I LIKE NATSU DRAGNEEL!

~Erza's POV~

We run down the road, looking everywhere for Lucy. Mira continuously stops to ask strangers if they have seen her, many of them have, and they all point us in one direction: out of the town.

Charle and Wendy soar up in the air, trying to get a better vantage point. Happy, surprisingly enough, comes with us. He chose Lucy over Natsu, and I have no idea why, but it is not my place to tell him who to stay with.

We end up getting close enough to her to catch glimpses of her turning corner after corner. Is she trying to make us lose her trail? I see her turn a corner up ahead and I yell back to the rest of the group, "Come on! She went this way!"

I sprint to the end of the stretch of road and turn the corner. I see her apartment straight up ahead. I stop to catch my breath. At least we've caught up. The others almost crash into me as they come up behind. Once we've all regained our breath, Mira asks, "So, who's going in first?"

"I will," Levy says.

"No," I reply. "I will." And I start forward so no one can question my decision. I open the building door and head up the first flight of stairs. I walk slowly towards Lucy's apartment's door. I reequip into regular clothes and quietly open the door. Lucy sits on the edge of her bed, her head down. A couple of tears fall and land on her hands. She seems to be staring at her Fairy Tail emblem. She doesn't look up as I enter and sit down beside her.

"Lucy-" I start.

"I can't believe how much of an idiot I am," she says. Her head remains down, he hair falling in front of her face.

"You're not an idiot," I say gently.

She shakes her head, "Yea, I am. Of all people, I chose Natsu. And I kept choosing him, even when Lisanna returned. I knew it was hopeless when she was there. They have history. Like major history. I never even had a chance. But I kept liking him anyway. And that was my foolish mistake. For he tore my heart in two."

I keep silent, not really knowing what to say. Without me meaning it to, a small laugh escapes my lips.

"What's so funny," she asks miserably.

"We both seem to have chosen the wrong people, huh," I say sadly. Lucy finally brings her head up and looks at me. Her eyes are puffy, swollen, red. Her sadness makes me hurt. Like, deep inside me it hurts to see her so torn in two. I wrap my arms around her and pull her to me, wanting to comfort her. She excepts the hug and sobs into my shoulder. After her sobs turn into quiet heaves, she pulls back and stands up, wiping at her eyes.

"I have to get out of here," she says, her tone expressionless.

"What? That's absurd!" I say, standing up.

"No, it's not. I need to leave. Now."

"Lucy, you can't be serious!"

"Yea, I am." She goes over to her closet and pulls out a dark suitcase. She then starts pulling things off their hangers and stuffing them into it.

"You can't leave!"

"Why not?" she asks, turning to me.

"Because you're part of Fairy Tail!"

"Am I? Am I really? The team I was on kicked me out. Called me weak, useless, and a burden. I don't want to be a burden on Fairy Tail. I don't want to be a burden on anyone. So I'm leaving and relieving you all of me."

"Lucy you are not a burden," I say solidly. She laughs a cold, heartless laugh.

She quickly finishes packing up all her belongings. She stops at a picture sitting on her desk. Its all of Fairy Tail. Mira, Elfman, Freed, Juvia, Laxus, Gajeel, all of them. Everyone is there. And, standing at the very front and center, are Lucy and Natsu, smiling, arm in arm. Lucy stares at this for a while, and I don't say anything. I know how much turmoil she's going through.

She takes one last look at it, and tosses it into the garbage. I gasp quietly, but she doesn't notice. She zips up her suit case and starts to leave. I grab onto her arm, and she turns.

"Lucy, don't go," I say, and I'm surprised that tears are coming to my eyes. When Lucy see's my watery eyes, tears overflow in her eyes and pour down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Erza. I wish I could stay, but I can't. I must leave. Believe me, you'll be better once I'm gone," she says solemnly, as if she was confessing something. The then tugs her arm free of my grasp and sprints out of the apartment, down the stairs and out of the building. I follow her down and I watch as she pushes past Mira, Wendy, and Levy, and runs out of the town's boundary's. She leaves a long trail of tears behind her.

---------------------------------------------

Sup my Fairies!

So, I hope you liked that chapter because I loved writing it!

This is my second update for today. I may or may not update once more, but if I do it'll be like later tonight.

I love you all so much! Thanks for the reads, votes, and comments!

~Aleyna~