Chapter 10

When I go through this story, I may rework the doctor a bit. After reading more about him, I feel what I've written about him is quite flawed. Also, the idea of him being stuck to his clothes is something I don't like that much. I feel like he should have just normal human qualities, and instead be trapped in time.

If you can give me a link to any interesting SCP videos or other sources that can help me out with the SCPs and their personalities, appearances, backstories, etc. then I would appreciate that greatly! Whether it be in the form of interviews, explanations, even great top 10s, I'd really appreciate it. You don't have to, though! :D

Sorry it took forever. My updated are so god damn inconsistent and I'm sorry about that, and especially for a short chapter. It's difficult to write most of the time, but I'll always try for you guys.

-

"Can we be..." 682 hesitated. It seemed to lose its words for a second, then looked away from you as you relaxed your arms, and so did it. Despite everything, you truly and deeply just wanted this poor creature to be okay. It could have killed 049 or tore the bug to shreds but you didn't care.

"Be what?" you asked quietly, looking at the thing's face. It was difficult to look at, since it wasn't exactly the nicest thing you'd seen, but it wasn't the worst thing either. It somehow gave you bad memories, specifically of [guy friend's name]. That was when you remembered that your wounds were still wrapped, the wounds at your shoulder and your collar.

Wait, maybe 682 was...

Maybe it'd been trying to save you too?

It made sense to you. Up until you'd been attacked, it'd been less hostile than after. Maybe it thought that the doctor or the bug had hurt you, and maybe... just maybe, it cared for most of the other SCPs and maybe it felt the duty to get you away from them.

It was unlikely, but just the thought made your heart hurt.

And that was for multiple reasons.

Where the lizard had taken you, you did not know. It seemed that now, you'd have an awful task of trying to survive and search for 049, hopefully with the aid of 682.

Speaking of 682, it was sitting there in silence. And so were you. He hadn't responded to your question.

"Umm, are you alright?" you inquired, and the lizard seemed surprised. It flinched, and then stared back at you.

"Can we be-"

"[Your name], stay perfectly still and maintain a distance from SCP 682. We have this situation under control."

...Was that Dr. Wuulf?