Chapter 15

FOUL LANGUAGE IN THE NEXT SENTENCE AND THE CHAPTER,, in case I haven't warned for it anywhere else.

I turned into a fuCKING SIM AND NOW IM FEELING  F L I R T Y

So I decided to write some more!

Happy new year everybody, tho I'm 20 days late. Let's all hope 2018 is a good year, bc so far it isn't looking up for me aha. A lot of stuff has happened recently, I've honestly sunk down into my depression worse than ever. BUT I'm trying! Forcing myself to remember that anything could happen, wether it be good or bad, sometimes helps I suppose.

BUT ANYWAY, I shall continue! I'm going to work on making the reader more gender-ambiguous for any male/trans/nb/etc. readers out there, which will include modifying previous chapters. When I first wrote this I had it in my mind that most readers were female, so I automatically set on the fem track.

I just found out I started this back on November 24th, 2014 at exactly 1:38. THATS MAD AJIOEHUIW

---

"Are you-" the lizard started, but you looked up at him as the words slipped from his maw and bit back.

"I'm fucking bleeding, take a guess!" you dared to remove your hand from your shoulder, but one glance told you it wasn't a good choice because it was caked in fresh, thick blood. It was thick enough to almost make you gag, but you refrained and looked away quickly. Panic was rising in your chest, and the only reassurance you had was the thought that the doctor couldn't be far, and that you'd survived worse attacks.

The memory of what [b/f/n] did brought back a reminder not to trust anyone again. Other than 049, anyway.

Why do I trust him so much? you contemplated as you took a moment to just breathe, trying to keep your cool and think about something you cared about: something that made you happy. Is it because he's never afraid? Maybe because he told me everything. Or... near enough everything... Damn, am I..?

"[F/N], we should..." the beast paused, and you blinked as you faded back into reality. You staggered to your feet, and climbed atop the beast as quickly as you could with only one hand, which slipped thanks to the blood it was coated in. Within a few careful minutes, you were headed off, and judging by the ever slowing pace of 682 you were nearing something.

Hopefully 049.

All of a sudden you felt your brain recall the events leading up to your coming to the hidden containment location. Most subjects were criminals who had committed awful crimes, right? You'd gathered that, but you could've been wrong. Why did I..? you cringed at the mere thought of what happened, and suddenly it made sense why the recent events hadn't bothered you much.

Would 049 hate me? you considered, but something in your mind told you to speak to him. Maybe he'd get it.

Just as you had that thought, the familiar mask of the doctor came into view and relief hit you like a strong breeze in Winter. Your heart pound with something warm.

"[F/N], what happened?" 049 enquired the second he realised that you were atop the lizard's back, bleeding. He rushed to 682's side, reaching out his arms as if to help you down. So that was exactly what happened.

You held onto his hands, pulled away from the beast, and let yourself fall into his supporting arms, wanting to sink down into the pain and pass out, feeling nothing.

"[F/N] let's go; I'll find somewhere to treat the wound. 682, you should come too." The doctor said, tone hurried as he leaned down to place his arm beneath your leg. He fully picked you up then, and you did just as you'd wanted to do: melt into unconsciousness. Before you fully let yourself fall into the darkness that was sleep, you muttered a few small words.

"Doc, I need to tell you why I'm here."