Chapter 1

I got a school job today. I do a 'calming speech' and it made me think of a... well, 'calming speech' for this chapter.

Gosh diddly dang I couldn't have been creepier but seriously I had this job at school where I'd calm down everyone after break it was so creepy and weird and kinda fun lol I felt important.

〰〰〰

You woke again to see that same bright white room. What else was there to expect?. You flinched and pushed yourself up, stretching as you watched the door. It was a couple of minutes before a man opened it. You tilted your head, but he obviously didn't want to tell you anything yet. As you walked, through the same corridors you'd walked back through yesterday, you remembered who you were going to see today. SCP 173... When the doctor came to a halt, he reached out a hand to greet you.

"Haha, left you waiting, didn't I?" He chuckled as you reached out to shake. "Dr. Blaze, or Nathan, call me what you like. SCP 173 is a... dangerous one. I'm warning you, don't blink without telling me, else he'll kill you. And yea, it's probably going to be annoying to have to tell me all the time... To be honest, though, it's for the best. We do want to see how SCP 173'd react to a girl, but meh. Do what you want, I don't need to boss a girl about."

You rolled your eyes and touched your soft, orange shirt with a sigh. You felt the warmth of your arm surge through your hand and into your body. It was an old trick Grandma had taught you. With that, the door slid open as you heard the 'please step into the chamber' and you approached SCP 173. When you heard the voice instructing you to come towards SCP 173 you let out a sigh. Without thinking, you blinked. Then you realised your mistake.

SCP 173 could be heard swiftly moving towards you. When you opened your (E/C) eyes again, you felt his rock-cold arms touching your shoulders. Why hasn't he killed me? As if reading your thoughts, the SCP responded with a slide of rock as it seemed to teleport towards his wall. With that, a chalk-like sound could be heard as 173 wrote, wearing away his arms slowly, though being made of stone seemed to benefit him since using a stone as chalk didn't wear it away as quickly as real chalk. You seem different... you read it silently. I think you are fine. The doctor has guessed correctly... a special SCP has come after all...

"A new SCP?" You gasped, rubbing your eyes in pure disbelief as if rubbing them would wake you up, bring you into reality. But this was reality. "The doctor? 049?"

Although it had been quick, you heard the voice telling you to come out. After saying your goodbye, you hurried out the door. It slammed behind you and Nathan handed over another board almost instantly. Again, the results were posotive. However, he didn't seem to like what you'd done...

"Are you crazy?" He growled as you handed over the flipchart. "173 could've killed you! Are you even listening?"

You flinched at his sharp words and stared at him, looking him straight with no fear in your (E/C) eyes.

"I was listening, and I forgot. The doctor didn't hurt me, 173 is friends with 049!" Wait, what did I just say? You weren't entirely sure that was true, but 173 hadn't killed you and he'd told you 049 had spoken to him...

"Oh, be quiet! Go back to your room! Guards, escort her back! Nonesense lies..." He growled, the guards moving to surround you and take you to the small box that was your room.

---

A new day, a new SCP... Oh yeah, a new SCP! That was you, according to 173, but the doctors said you'd have to go through other tests. That was what one of the guards slipped to you, anyway. Wondering what these tests could possibly be, you sat up and waited for the door to open. When it did, you were greeted by Jade again. You guessed it'd only be polite to greet her, even though she wasn't really your favourite so far...

"G-Greetings, Dr. Wuulf." your voice was still a little quiet and shaky as it hadn't been long since you woke. Jade smiled and pulled you away from the room. She gave you a peice of paper and smiled. You tilted your head, confused.

"Sign..." she handed over a pen as she looked for something, before pointing to a box at the bottom of the page. "Here, please!"

After doing so, you stretched and waited to be led to your next room. You were greeted again by Nathan, who told you something you hoped you'd hear. SCP 049! Those last words were all you needed. Why do I want to see him so bad? He's so serious and... strange... But I have questions, I guess. You felt the warm hand of Jade brush against your arm as she moved before you.

"Hey, I never got your name, I don't think." She smiled as she took your hand in her own.

"I am (Y/N." You replied with a sigh, feeling warmth flood you body. You smiled, thinking of how cold it would be in 049's chamber. You shivered, even at the thought, though Jade was warming you.

"Right, (Y/N), you be safe in there for me. Don't do anything dumb, right? You can do anything else, you're an SCP because you can't be hurt, so long as you don't get 049 angry or anything and don't get into one of his... 'operations' for me, you'll be okay, alright?" Jade sounded incredibly serious, like a mother telling her child - you. Just then, you heard Nathan calling for you to enter the chamber. You felt Jade loosen your hand as you stepped in. The soor slammed shut.

You and 049 were left in silence.

"Greetings." 049 spoke, omce again with no emotion at all. You rolled your eyes and joined him in his little corner. He stared at his feet. Suddenly, you thought of something.

"Hey, can I do something?" You asked, already moving your hand slightly in direction of his chest. He nodded.

"Do you have a... a heart?" You asked, pressing your palm to his chest. Weirdly enough, you felt it in his chest. You could imagine the thump, thump, thump. 049 seemed to... chuckle?

"I was human... once..." he muttered, holding your hand where it was. You let out a quiet gasp, but relaxed as his warmth passed through your body again. The beat of his heart calmed you, even his quiet breath. He seemed to be thinking. The room was almost silent now. The peace was beautiful.

"I was a plague doctor back in 1348, when the Black Death, or the Plague, hit London. I was only 27 at the time. What year is it?" He asked, his voice echoing in the room.  (Okay guys not sure if this info is correct for this particular Plague Doctor and I'm not sure if it mentions it on his SCP page. Excuse me for any mistakes, I assure you research shall be done!)

"2014, almost 15," you replied with a smile. He'd be 693 now!

"I'd been... curing... victims to the Plague for over eight months. I'd been returning to the more crowded areas when someone attacked me. He took away my mask and began to stab my face. I survived that, but I didn't realise he was a newer victim until I found that I too had been infected. That same night I... the human did something terrible. He began to cut my wrists, making me slowly bleed out and then... he stitched my mask to my face, my cothes to my body. I... died, but I had a vision. That vision seemed to be so long..." he stopped for a second and stroked his thumb over your hand, as if uncomfortable with what he was saying right now. "...But I woke up. I woke up too late and I was taken here. I became SCP 049. The Plague Doctor, the nameless beast..."

"Nameless beast?" You almost shouted at his words, but held it back. "You're not a nameless beast! Why do you think I'd be here if you were a nameless beast?"

He let out what seemed like a sigh and picked up your other hand. He placed that on his chest too. Now holding both hands on your's, he spoke again.

"My name... my name is actually... 049 muttered. Suddenly, a voice rang out in the chamber.

"Please stay in your current chamber. We are struggling to keep several SCPs contained."

049 brought you close and looked towards the door.

"Stay close, don't do anything that could kill you."

Just then, the door slid open.

〰〰〰