Chapter 8

"Close the door, maybe?" You suggested, causing the doctor to dart towards the door, using the button to close it. Little defense against the lizard but would do. The dull surroundings and the darkness did not aid in the search for useful things. The pounding in your ears of your heart didn't help either. That lizard was going to get in and when it did there was no way out of a fight with it.

A loud thudding of incredibly close movement caused the room to shake slightly. That lizard was angry and it was really showing that. Perhaps the plant would have some effect? No, that was stupid. The dragon snail? No, that was cruel. 049? No, you weren't willing to go that far for your life. Besides, he was your only companion in this facility.

The Lizard was taking no time to pound what seemed to be tiny openings into both the door and the wall. Time was running short. You clung hopelessly to 049, not knowing what to do. You couldn't hide, you couldn't fight, you couldn't work up a plan... what if you died? Perhaps the world would be better off without an SCP like yourself. But then, you had so much to live for!

A gap was beginning to form in the wall and all you could do was stand and bury yourself in the doctor's clothes. He hadn't spoken and was just soothingly rubbing your back with one hand whilst holding you close with the other.

SCP-682 had opened a hold large enough for it to climb through now, and it did so, glaring at you both with piercing eyes. It reached out and peeled you away from the doctor, who instantly searched for a weapon. However, you were already gone.

All of the grey and dirty walls of the facility sped past and your stomach churned as a result of the shocking speed. The creature had never moved like that before but it was scary when it did. To think that it could have been chasing you and 049 around at such high speeds was terrifying.

What was even more terrifying was the though of where the lizard was taking you.

Welp...

Here's yo chapter,

What is this and why did it come into existence?

I feel like I have failed.

Sorry all.

Longer chapters likely coming ahead.