Prologue

Work has been done on this chapter. :3

EDIT: More work has been done! This chapter is no longer gender-specific <3 There's also been some more improvement of phrasing, typos, etc. [27/6/2018]

I also changed Dr. Wolf into Dr. Wuulf. For creativity. Also cus SKYRIM for some reason.

(F/N) = First Name
(L/N) = Last Name
(N/N) = Nickname
(H/C) = Hair Colour
(E/C) = Eye Colour
Listen to SCP 049's voice in SCP Containment Breach, it's creepy and rather robotic lol (wow what I previously wrote here was odd)

〰〰〰

You blinked open your (E/C) eyes, only to see a pretty much all white room. It stung your eyes, but as you got used to it, the door creaked open. Another bright area came into view, making your eyes burn once more. Wonderful. This place was going to blind you. You had to turn away to keep your eyes well. The doctor seemed to chuckle, amused, as you turned away to sheild your eyesight.

"Ha, hurts doesn't it? I've gotten used to it, so I find it funny seeing people who are new here. To be fair, it does sting your eyes at first haha." The doctor smiled, though she seemed as if she were choosing every word carefully. Mm, you don't seem to have such a free tongue... It sounded, by the way she spoke, that some of her words had already been chosen for her. However, there was always the possibility she was just more of a calculated and thoughtful person. You didn't respond to her.

"Ah, how rude of me to not to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Wuulf, or you can call me Jade. I'm a pretty nice person compared to the rest of them." She smiled and reached out to help you stand out of bed. Wondering whether to speak or not, you took her warm hand and pulled yourself up. Your eyes had adjusted to he brightness by the time you were out of the room. Suddenly, a question hit you. Where am I going?

"I can tell that you're probably wondering where in the name of the lord this place is and where you're going. This is... well... just call us doctors I guess. Or me Jade, cus I think I'm a nice person. You, our new tester, are going to interact with a few of the creatures and objects in this facility. We call them SCPs." Jade spoke, sounding a little uneasy. "I suppose you might already know of this place, considering... well, you were sentenced to it."

You shivered uncomfortably as you were taken to your first room, a mixture of both fear and disgust at the memories. The room was slightly more pleasant to your eyes: a darker than white, perhaps a light grey, square room. It was plain, completely empty... the plaque above the door read 'SCP 049', and a document left upon the table displayed some information that you only had the chance to skim over. The Plague Doctor. You looked on and anxiously waited for the door to open. Jade slipped a key-card into a device beside the door and it slid open. You stepped in with a quiet gulp and examined the room. It became pitch black as the door slammed shut again. You were unable to see anything, but you heard a voice. It was rather robotic, with an echo.

"Another patient?" Its voice was emotionless, as if it had said this so many times it didn't even bother to put any emotion in. You let out a gasp as it spoke, the voice almost sounding as if it were in your ear. A light flickered on in the top of the room, and you took a moment to readjust to the light.

"Please approach SCP 049, do not make contact with him." The voice of Dr. Wuulf told you, and you figured there were speakers in the room. You reluctantly stepped towards the creature. It appeared to be wearing some sort of black kind of coat or robe, like a trench coat perhaps? On its face it wore a grey, bird-like mask which you recognised as a plague doctor mask - surprise surprise - without the hat at the top and without any goggles. In fact, it looked like there were eyes behind the eye holes there. It seemed to turn its head slightly towards you. It began to stand and slowly, it - or, come to think of it, likely he - made his way towards you. He reached out a hand to touch you. Remembering what the voice had told you, you backed away. When he followed you, you backed right up until you felt the cold wall behind you. The SCP reached forwards and...

"I do not sense the disease within you." Again, he spoke but this time with a weak amount of curiosity in his voice as he reached over to touch your chest. You gasped and tried to move to the side. He touched me! He touched me and what now? Will I die? The plague doctor looked a little confused, clearly sensing the alarm.

"What disease?" you hissed, your cheeks becoming a bright red with either embarrassment or irritation. You were unsure.

"The disease that effects humanity..." he pulled back his hand as he spoke, placing his other on your head. He felt your hair and nodded, as if it had shown him something new.

"How rude of me... I'm the Plague Doctor." his new friendliness shocked you.

"U-umm... what?" you were confused for a second. First he was speaking of some disease that effected humanity, but apparently not you, and now he was trying to be polite and introducing himself? "I'm- I'm [F/N] [L/N] I guess?"

"Mmh. [F/N] [L/N], that is a nice name." He concluded, nodding again in his approval.

You could feel your face burning now. You were surprised by his sudden kindness and shivered again, noticing how cold the room had become in the past few seconds. The plague doctor seemed to see you shiver and let out what sounded like a sigh. Suddenly, he pulled you into his arms. Once again, you gasped, but was grateful for his warmth.

"Is this any better?" He asked, actually making it sound like a question. You nodded as you shivered again, a little less violently this time. Just then, you heard the voice in the speakers.

"Please exit the containment chamber." Jade instructed you. You look up at 049 and let out a sigh. He must've heard the voice as he let go, looking towards the door and heading back to his corner. You left to be greeted by Jade's voice, which startled you as well as the slam of the door behind.

"Haha! What happened there? Got cold did we?" Jade laughed as you walked out. For some reason, you felt slightly uncomfortable speaking to her...

"I was cold but he was just being a gentleman, of course!" You laughed back to her. She seemed amused, and pulled out a flipchart and wrote something - three things, to be exact, as you counted.

"Hmm... you don't feel ill, do you?" Jade asked, tapping something on the board. You didn't lean over to look at what she was tapping, but you decided to ask about it first.

"Why?" When she didn't respond, you let out an irritated sigh and shook your head. "Never mind. I don't feel ill, no. I don't see why I would feel like that though. He's a doctor, right? Why would a doctor carry germs? Besides, he told me I wasn't diseased."

"He's a SCP, not a doctor." Wuulf rolled her eyes and began to write on her board again. Suddenly, she stretched over to hand it to you. You had a strange feeling that everything on there was going to be bad but... wow... you were so wrong. Literally everything on it was positive. You smiled and handed it back, only to frown at her next words.

"Next, you'll be meeting SCP 173, so get some sleep. You'll be seeing 049 a little more often, too, your results are interesting!" With that, you were escorted off to your room, following white corridors past what seemed like an office working room, with several small office areas with computers and flipcharts.
You wished you didn't have to wear the same D-Class orange outfit all the time.

Finally, you climbed into your bed, thinking of what horrors may lie ahead.

○●○

Finally done. Took me over 3 hours to make this chaper. Thanks for reading.
-Jade Out :3