Chapter 16

Note: this A/N and future A/Ns moved to the bottom of the chapter.

---

Your dreams had been plagued by fear and violence. So much that you could, in fact, call them nightmares.

Circles. You were running in circles. But every time you passed room 23 - the one sign you had that this was a loop - there was something new. A painting, a plant: anything could and would appear. Then, SCPs started to appear. Your dragon snails screamed somehow, attached to the doctor's palms as he reached out to you. In his voice was an emotive plea, not an emotionless enquiry into needing your help.

He sounded terrified.

As you ran in more loops, gunshots would sound and bullets would rip through the SCPs. Blood was splattered everywhere by the time you tripped over a body and fell, the loop ending alongside your nightmare.

When you awoke it was to the feeling of a cold hand pressed to your forehead and a gun laying across your stomach. You looked to your side to see 049. He must've noticed a change because within a few seconds you were covered in a blanket.

"Your temperature has been fluctuating." He reported. His monotone voice felt strange to your ears after just hearing him screaming for aid.

"Have I come down with a-a fever?" you asked, stumbling through your words as you came to. It felt as if there was something nagging at the back of your head. What was it you needed to say?

"It seems like it. Do you feel ill at all?" he checked your forehead every now and again with the back of his hand. If anything, you felt weak, not ill.

"A little. My muscles ache and I feel drained." Damn, even your voice was strained. You were desperately trying to remember what it was you had to talk to him about. If only he would prompt you...

"I'll have to take care of you for some time. Hopefully the government doesn't gain control." He nodded before pulling over a swivel-chair you'd failed to notice. Your head felt fuzzy.

"My memories." You suddenly blurted out. "They're blurry. But I need to tell you something."

It came to you like a bullet.

My bullet wounds... you reached for your shoulder, but 049 grabbed your hand before it could reach its destination.

"Wrapped and treated. What is it?" he held onto that hand, as if he'd either forgotten to let go or didn't want to. Something in you suspected the latter.

The facility's white walls seemed just the bit more blinding than usual. The lights were out but it felt as if the sun was in the room. Your heart raced. If I confess, he'll want to kill me too.

"Before I came here," you began, and something in you screamed not to say it. You had to, "I used to go with [b/f/n] and some others, sometimes a kid called Toby or a kid called Jeff but not always, and roam around and we..."

You trailed off. He'll kill you.

"We would go on mass killing sprees. Sometimes we were out for hours, days, travelling between locations and returning to the same man every night to report and get our next orders. I can still see them all in my head and... the families of the people..." you almost gagged at the thought of the aftermath, but quickly let it go as you remembered those agents you'd killed just a while ago.

He'll kill you like you killed them.

"The night I got caught - we got caught - I was exiting the house and the police were already there. We took out some officers too, but not many. Our sentence... I understand what the facility they told us about was now. It was this place." You concluded.

How many died at your hands? Tens, hundreds?

"...This must be fever-induced." 049 stated simply, tucking the blanket behind your shoulders. You became painfully aware of the hard bed you were laying on, and discomfort hit you in waves.

"No, it's not. I did that and so did he." You insisted, only to have a hand rest over your mouth.

"Get some sleep." He bluntly commanded.

Shit, shit, shit! I've really screwed this up. Oh God. I'm not going to be able to survive here without him.

At the feeling of your heart dropping, you closed your eyes and begged for another nightmare, or dream, or anything other than to be awake.

Remorse closed in, and your eyes filled with tears.

This was it, surely.

This was the end of everything with 049.

---

AYYY I don't think the crime was as cruel as I made it out to be in my head.

But now, I'm just enjoying the fact that this sets up even more chapters to write.

Oh, how I LOVE set ups.

Anyways I hope ya'll enjoyed this. Depression's only getting worse, but idk. Wattpad is a bit of an escape. If it can't make myself satisfied, the thought of it making other people happy does.

Just a quick side note: you regulars or even readers returning from 2014, at the start of this story, really heccin inspire me.

Like damn, I'd have given up hope by the first hiatus.

I'm not one to leave works like this unfinished, however. So I'm certain that however long it takes this story will, eventually, come to an end.

I got two pet mice btw, Danaerys and Tyrion. Dany is albino I'm pretty sure and Tyrion is black with a tan belly. They're so adorable it hurts, and they're super clever too.

Their fur is so silky soft too I just--

Stay alive everybody, thank you for reading. <3