Episode X20: A Simple Solution

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “A Simple Solution”.

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: INTERIOR

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Harmon Jurley has left my brother in here with Cassandra and I – and the control for our collars is in plain sight! (PAUSE) Wilberforce, what are you doing here? I told Argyle to keep you in the cabin.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: You also tried to kill me with a shovel!

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: I did no such thing! As I was just telling Miss Chase, I knocked you unconscious for your own safety. I knew that if you tagged along you’d get captured – and you have been!

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: Hah, you're just as captured as I am, Bertie. Besides, I know you had no intention at all of rescuing Cassandra.

CASSANDRA CHASE: Both of you, stop that! We have bigger problems than your sibling troubles!

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: But, Cassandra -

CASSANDRA CHASE: (INTERRUPTS WILBERFORCE) Wilberforce, be logical. Of course your brother came to rescue me. How else would he have ended up in this cage?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Aha! You see?

CASSANDRA CHASE: You aren't innocent in all this either, Mr. Dashwood! It was very wrong for you to attack Will with a shovel.

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Fine, Will, I apologise. I should have just had Argyle keep an eye on you. Speaking of which, where is my ghoulish associate?

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: He left me behind a rock when he went to try to rescue you.

CASSANDRA CHASE: This place is well guarded. How will he ever find his way in?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: If he can't find a way in, then we've got to find a way out! If we can get out of the cage, we could reach the control for the collars. But how to get out of the cage?

CASSANDRA CHASE: Mr. Dashwood? Can you pick locks?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Of course, my dear. Child's play, if you have the right tools. The problem is, we lack the tools.

SOUND EFFECT: VERY QUIET SWISHING SOUND

CASSANDRA CHASE: Will this do?

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: I gave you that hairpin as a gift, Cassandra!

CASSANDRA CHASE: Hush, Will, I am sure the hairpin will be just fine. Will it work, Mr. Dashwood?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Miss Chase, I think it may!

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END