Episode X3: Fiancée Folly?

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “Fiancée Folly?”

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: EXTERIOR. QUIET SOUND OF WIND.

SOUND EFFECTS: PANTING AND HUFFING.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Well, Argyle, old chum, it looks like we’ve finally lost Tenpenny’s men, and not a moment too soon!

ARGYLE: Don’t look now boss, but we’ve got company – isn’t that your brother and that slaving fiancée of his, gaining on us?

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: By Jove it is them, Argyle! And is that idiot brother of mine holding her hand?

ARGYLE: Disgusting, ain’t it boss? He’s as bad about dames as you are.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: Cassandra, darling, you wait here, behind this boulder. You’ll be safe here.

CASSANDRA: But, Wilberforce, they know about Penelope! I must talk to them!

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: Hush Cassandra, I know. But let me deal with my brother, first. (OFF-MIC) Herbert! Herbert, damn you, I know you can hear me! I’m coming over there, but let me warn you – I have a mini nuke in my pocket. If you so much as place a hand on your gun belt, I’ll blow myself up and you along with me! Argyle. too!

SOUND EFFECTS: RUSTLING OF BRUSH, FOOTSTEPS

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: That’s close enough, Will! Now listen to me: that woman is named Penelope Chase – she’s a monster who nearly killed Argyle and me and sold out the city of Rockopolis to slavers!

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: No. No, she isn’t Penelope Chase. Her name is Chase, though. Cassandra Chase. She’s Penelope’s sister.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Penelope’s sister?

ARGYLE: I never heard of Penelope having a sister, boss.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Neither have I, Argyle. Though how Penelope could have escaped your Eagle Claw attack – well, I just don’t know.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: I have proof, gentlemen. Take a look at this picture.

SOUND EFFECT: RUSTLING OF STIFF PAPER

ARGYLE: Boss, are you seeing what I’m seeing?

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Twins, by Jove! And both of them identical!

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END