Episode X5: Shock and Dismay!

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “Shock and Dismay!”

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: EXTERIOR. QUIET SOUND OF WIND.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: So, what do you say to that, Miss Chase? How did you know how Penelope died?

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: This is ridiculous, Herbert!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: She has you hoodwinked, Wilberforce! Miss Chase; do you admit that you are, in fact, not Cassandra, but Penelope Chase?

CASSANDRA: I – I -

ARGYLE: (INTERUPTS CASSANDRA) The same Penelope Chase who betrayed the City of Rockopolis to slavers from Paradise Falls?

CASSANDRA: (DESPERATE) No! I never -

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (INTERUPTS CASSANDRA) The same Penelope Chase whom Argyle and I rescued from Super Mutants?

CASSANDRA: Super Mutants? Of course not!

ARGYLE: (TRIUMPHANT) The same Penelope Chase the boss was madly in love with?

 (BEAT)

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: (SHOCKED) What? You were in love with Penelope Chase? I never heard anything about that, Bertie!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (EXTREMELY DEFENSIVE) Heh-heh, it was nothing as serious as all that, little brother. Honestly. I – it was a business relationship. Just business. Before I realized that she was evil. Argyle, you've blown this all out of any reasonable proportion! (PAUSE. THEN, WEAKLY) Will? Call me 'Daring'.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: (ANGRILY) 'Daring' is right, you audacious bas-

SOUND EFFECT: MUFFLED VOICES, DISTANT GUNFIRE

ARGYLE: I think we got company, boss!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Tenpenny's men wouldn't follow us, would they?

CASSANDRA: They're dressed like raiders.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: (MISERABLY) Or like slavers.

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END