Episode X16: You Thought I was my Evil Twin!

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “You Thought I was My Evil Twin!”.

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: INTERIOR.

CASSANDRA: Mr. Dashwood, I'm confused. I'm locked up, trapped by slavers, and you march in and try to rescue me. You're risking your life - even though, up until a few minutes ago, you honestly thought I was my evil twin sister. What exactly is going on?

HERBERT "DARING" DASHWOOD: Er, well, you know that I once considered your sister a friend, Miss Chase. Until she betrayed me.

CASSANDRA: But she did betray you, Mr. Dashwood. And the entire city of Rockopolis. Even after all that, you'd still help her?

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (GRUMPY) Your sister was (PAUSES) very persuasive. She was clever, and witty, and, frankly, she was beautiful. She even seemed kind – she rescued us from Super Mutants. I thought she was an adventurer after my own heart.

CASSANDRA: An adventurer after your own heart? (TRIUMPHANT) So Argyle was right!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: If Argyle has been saying anything about the quality of my garden gnome collection, Miss Chase, I can assure you that -

CASSANDRA: (INTERRUPTS DASHWOOD) Garden gnomes? No, no, Mr. Dashwood. I meant that Argyle was right – you were madly in love with my sister! In fact, you still are!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (DEFENSIVE) Er, well, I mean, it was business. And we were friends. And -

CASSANDRA: (INTERRUPTS DASHWOOD) And you were in love with her.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Hah, in love with a traitor like her?

CASSANDRA: (GENTLY) Enough in love that you were willing to come back to rescue a traitor like her.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (SIGHS THEATRICALLY) Very well. I admit it, Miss Chase. I was (PAUSES, AS IF SEARCHING FOR THE RIGHT WORD) fond of your sister.

CASSANDRA: 'Fond' is putting it mildly, Mr. Dashwood. But don't feel badly. Penelope misled a lot of people. I've said it before – I'm used to having to clean up her messes. Mind you, few of them got quite this messy. This is quite the pickle! I hope Will and Argyle come for us soon.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Er, well, Argyle, perhaps. The last time I saw my younger brother, he was incapacitated.

CASSANDRA: (SUSPICIOUS) Incapacitated, Mr. Dashwood?

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: I, er, may have struck him in the head with a shovel, rendering him unconscious.

CASSANDRA: (OUTRAGED) You did what?!

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END