Chapter 19:

Harriet's POV

"Alright, wake up," a voice sneered.

"I still can't believe you Alex," I said.

"I don't care what you believe, I got you a friend, though," he said throwing in a girl with purple hair that with further inspection I realized was Nellie.

"Nellie, oh my god, I was such an idiot," I said hugging her.

"Yea, you were," Alex said closing the door.

"Nellie, are you okay?"

"Yea, I was running away, and now I'm in this hell hole I guess," she said smiling with all of the energy she could muster.

"It's all okay," I said.

"Is it okay?" Nellie asked hopelessly looking at the padded cell wall.

"I just hope so," I said.

-------

Once a week they took us out to sit in a room and be tortured by anyone that decided to stop by, no one pitied us.

We ate the little bit of food that they gave us, although Nellie usually refused, I forced her to eat something.

None of the other girls came, and we were grateful that they didn't have to endure this like we did.

"I think we've all gone crazy," I said to Nellie one day.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because....because....because who knows what's happening to the others, they could be in a different cell, you know. Or, you know, they could be dead. I just want to tell everyone that I'm sorry for flipping out on them and just leaving. I'm actually starting to miss them," I said staring at my empty wrist.

"You took yours off too?" Nellie asked.

I nodded, then I cried.

"Alright," Alex sneered opening the door, "You with the hair, come on out."

Nellie pointed to herself.

"Yea, you," he said aggravated.

"NELLIE!" I yelled, "DON'T GO! I NEED YOU!"

"Goodbye, Harriet, see you....eventually, we may have to cross oceans and rivers, and drive a thousand miles, but I'll see you, and all of the others. I will travel in any direction," Nellie started to cry, I did too.

"Let's go!" Alex ordered.

I cried in the little padded cell for over an hour when he came back in.

He closed the door.

That was a first.

"Listen, they're letting you out, and uh-Nellie is dead, they want you to tell the others," he said.

"Dead," I whispered.

"Dead," he said back, "now come on."

---------

Nellie's POV

"Where am I going? What's going on?" I questioned.

"They're going to kill you're friend," Alex said.

"What?" I choked out.

"Kill, she's gonna be dead, and they're moving your cell," he said again.

"Dead," I whispered.

"Dead, now come on."

@@@@@@@@@@

A/N: not that long but hey, we updated so be happy.

-alix