Chapter 18

Zayna's P.O.V

I'm not sure what's been going on. I'm not really included in anything anymore. I'm just the girl on the sideline. Or maybe I'm just the underdog. Hey, I'm basically the only one who didn't go insane here!

Louise is being a bitch.

So are you.

Harriet is going insane.

Are you any different?

Lian won't talk.

Why won't you stop?

Nellie's probably going to have half her head shaved by tomorrow.

At least she's not smoking weed on top of her fake big brothers roof. At least shes better than you.

Like, what the hell man?

See, you're getting it now.

I looked out at the world around me. When did everything become so complicated? Like, just yesterday, we were all in kindergarten. And we would play house.

Or just a month ago. When our biggest problem was boys, not being rebellious. When we were normal not fucked up like this.

Awwww. Is wittle Zayna sad? She wants things to go back to normal? She misses how things used to be. Tough shit, kid.

I took a long drag of my joint. If everyone just smoked like this, I thought, everyone would be so much happier.

"Zayna? Are you up here?"

Fuck.

I threw the joint off the edge. I pulled my knees to my chest. It will look like I have been crying. He won't question the redness of my eyes. Please don't question the redness of my eyes.

He's going to question the redness of your eyes.

"Zayna?" Zayn asked, pushing his head through the open window.

"Yeah?" My voice cracked.

"What's wrong, boo?" He asked, pulling him self up. "What are you- why are you crying?"

"Everything's wrong. The girls are going crazy. It is just so hard now."

"You look really cute, you know. The crying thing really works for you."

What?

Zayn looked into my eyes. His steady hand caressed my cheek. He brought his face close to mine. His rough lips glided over my soft ones. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. I gladly obliged. Our tongues battled for dominance, mine winning of course.

We broke away, both breathless.

"Perrie."

"Peter."

We looked at each other with wide eyes. What the hell did I do?

"I can't do this. You're 14. What was I thinking?"

I pushed myself on top of his lap.

"For once in your life Zayn Malik, don't think."

I pressed my lips against him again, lowering us down against the roof. I was on top.

Well, shit. This is one fucked up love story.

Liam's P.O.V

I was walking out to my car, I had to buy more food. Plus, getting away for an afternoon would be amazing.

Dealing with 13 year old girls  is a lot harder  than you think. Trust me.

Something flew down from the roof and landed next to me. I walked over to examine it. Is that a.... Goddamn it!

A joint. I swear to god if it's Nellie!

I stare down at the joint in my hand. Should I?

No! Damn it, Liam! What were you thinking?

I sniff it out and walk back inside. Whoever is up there is in for a hell of  surprise. As I climbed the stairs I heard Niall talking to someone from his room.

"I just don't know what to do with them anymore. Their always creating trouble. What am I supposed to do?"

"Do I look like a therapist? No. Stop telling me your problems with the girls, Niall. I really don't care."

'Why are they acting like this? When we found out that the girls were older, we thought that it would be fun, not the biggest challenge we've ever faced. I wish that you could come and save me from this." Niall whined.

"If this is your biggest problem, then you have had a hell of an amazing life, babe."

Babe? Does Niall have a girlfriend?

I should interrogate him about this.

Now, how do I get on the roof? A window? God, I wish there was a- is Zayna's window open?

Oh, HELL TO THE NO!

She was the only nice one left.

I walked into her room and climbed onto the window pain... payne... ha.

I poked my head out to look and- wait! Is that. NO!

I took in a sharp breath and both their heads swiveled to me.

"H-help." Zayna whispered.

Zayn looked down at her like she was growing another head.

I could feel my blood boiling. Hurt me, but never, ever hurt a girl, or a kid... or a puppy.

"GET OFF HER!!!!!" I screeched launching myself at him.

His body rolled off hers and across the roof, only coming to a halt as his body slid off the roof, landing with a sickening crunch on the ground  feet below us.

Zayna looked at me wide-eyed. Fear was evident in her voice as she pointed her finger at me and whispered, "Y-you monster."